Beginner Moves

supafly1982

As the title might suggest, i am a complete beginner, ive got my bike and i want to start learning, had a wee shot of it tonight and im amazingly useless, brakes feel like they need a bleed though, but im not blaming that for my complete lack of skills, so chaps, where do i start?

urm.. what i would do, is sort your brakes out first. maybe meet local riders to get help setting them up and stuff..

then when theyre sorted try to learn rear wheel hops and trackstands, its gonna be tedious but when you get these you can move on, youll have to work on your balance and stuff. also you could learn how to pull nice endos and maybe work towards 180 endos.

• Like 1

nice one thanks, im not too bad at track stands as i use them when out on my mtb, yeah i need to sort the brakes out, its Echo Dual discs, im not sure if its the same bleed kit as avid/formula, seems to be a closed bleed as opposed to the likes of hopes from what ive read, will have a better look today when i get the chance

If you start trying these: trackstands,narrow lines, hopping and rocking, small endos and raising the front. Work a fair bit on balance, it will make rear wheel hops easier to learn because you won't spend so much time repositioning. Once you have a small bit down, the progression of what to learn is sort of obvious.

like oojackoo saysvisit trashzen, and also watch these:

street Trials Tutorial

(Y)

When i got my first proper trial's bike, we had trouble with the brakes for some reason, can't remember why so i went brakeless, was a good thing to do to be honest as i learn what i could do without having to use my brakes before learning anything else. And looking at how i have progressed for it, is i'm quick along line's because i try to do it all without stopping and correcting. But a lot more failures than if you do it properly :P But obv you need to know how to trackstand and endo and stuff before that.I had learnt that on my MTB also..