Appalling Build Quality From Inspired

eurodunc

Today I received my new inspired team rim from Tarty. The build quality is absolutely awful. Almost all the holes are like this.

I am going to write to inspired and ask what the heck is going on but in the meantime can I ask if other people have had the same problem? This is a top end 50 quid rim...it should be much better than this and is an embarrassment for Inspired.

rimtn.jpg

Edited by eurodunc

Please read what I wrote. I have contacted them. I want to know if this type of thing is normal. Discussion is what the forum is for! :rolleyes:

Thought about ringing Tarty for a replacement as it's clearly a manufacturing error instead of bitching about it on a public forum?

Please read what I wrote. I have contacted them. I want to know if this type of thing is normal. Discussion is what the forum is for! :rolleyes:

No you said you're going to contact inspired. Contact tarty it will probably be one rim with a fault and can just be replaced.

Did you get a pair?

And if so are both the same or just one?

If it's just one then chances are it's merely a mistake that wasn't spotted.

Although I do agree discussion is what the forum is for, and just because it's a top name doesn't mean they get it right everytime.

Lower "ranked" brands seem to get bad reviews with no problems... Don't see why Inspired are any different :ermm:

No you said you're going to contact inspired. Contact tarty it will probably be one rim with a fault and can just be replaced.

It is at least two rims as the other one is just as bad. Hence, the question to others with inspired team rims. Is this normal?

Edited by eurodunc

It is at least two rims as the other one is just as bad. Hence, the question to others with inspired team rims. Is this normal?

Clearly if it was normal then Inspired wouldn't have the reputation they have. You've obviously got a couple of defected rims and, although they probably shouldn't have crept through, I personally would have waited until I had had a chat with Tarty/Inspired before I started posting about it. Doesn't take a lot to pick up the phone, explain the problem, get it sorted, and then be happy with the outcome.

that's the kind of thing you should first contact tarty for

if you have create this tread before contacting them

then there's something wrong about you

??? My question was.... is this normal? If this forum exists just to attack people it is a pity.

Anyway, if anyone has an Inspired Team rim and can answer my question factually I would be happy to hear from them.

??? My question was.... is this normal? If this forum exists just to attack people it is a pity.

Anyway, if anyone has an Inspired Team rim and can answer my question factually I would be happy to hear from them.

How can you possibly not get the answer to that question from the responses so far?

No, it's not normal. Get it replaced.

Have you got an Inspired team rim? Facts only please.

Yes, although I don't know what that's got to do with anything. I could not own one, but have ridden with 400 people who run them with no defects.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve - it's quite clear you've got a couple of rims from a bad batch.

• Like 1

Yes, although I don't know what that's got to do with anything. I could not own one, but have ridden with 400 people who run them with no defects.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve - it's quite clear you've got a couple of rims from a bad batch.

Could you show a picture of the holes in your rim? Thanks

please...

of course it's not normal

even the shittiest rim from the shittiest shop looks better

what's the point of all this if u can just have new rims with one phone call?

please...

of course it's not normal

even the shittiest rim from the shittiest shop looks better

what's the point of all this if u can just have new rims with one phone call?

I waited four months for them to come back into stock. If all this new batch is shit, then sending out another shit one will not be very useful to me. Also waiting for a new batch may take forever. Therefore, my question. Has anyone else had this problem?

Really. :rolleyes: Some factual answers from people with team rims for an honest (and polite) question would have been preferable.

I waited four months for them to come back into stock. If all this new batch is shit, then sending out another shit one will not be very useful to me. Also waiting for a new batch may take forever. Therefore, my question. Has anyone else had this problem?

Really. :rolleyes: Some factual answers from people with team rims for an honest (and polite) question would have been preferable.

I think peoples aggression is because you're "bashing" Inspired... Personally like I said before, don't see the point, it's still only a brand.

I can see what you're saying, has anyone else had one recently that's the same... You probably won't get an answer on here.

Ring Tarty.

I think peoples aggression is because you're "bashing" Inspired... Personally like I said before, don't see the point, it's still only a brand.

I can see what you're saying, has anyone else had one recently that's the same... You probably won't get an answer on here.

Ring Tarty.

no you're wrong

there's shops that have perfect customer service, and other's that are really bad

in a case like this, a good shop will always solve your problem (in my experience)

posting things like this are usefull when you can't have any help from the shop/brand involved

no you're wrong

there's shops that have perfect customer service, and other's that are really bad

in a case like this, a good shop will always solve your problem (in my experience)

posting things like this are usefull when you can't have any help from the shop/brand involved

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I have nothing bad to say about Inspired or Tarty... I was just meaning he was only asking if someone has had a new rim recently that's been the same, hence like a "bad batch"...

He didn't say anything about 'recently', and ultimately it makes absolutely no difference to his own situation anyway. I couldn't care less if he's bashing on Inspired or anyone else for that matter. It just seems completely illogical. Like I said, I don't know what he's looking to achieve with this topic.

"BEWARE: Dodgy Inspired Team rim batch"

"Am I right to complain about this?"

"Who should I get in touch with - Inspired or Tarty?"

"Is this safe to use?"

All better sentiments to a topic than "Is it possible I can form a group of people who have the exact same problem as me?", which is ultimately all this topic is. I'm just baffled, that's all.

He didn't say anything about 'recently', and ultimately it makes absolutely no difference to his own situation anyway. I couldn't care less if he's bashing on Inspired or anyone else for that matter. It just seems completely illogical. Like I said, I don't know what he's looking to achieve with this topic.

"Who should I get in touch with - Inspired or Tarty?"

"Is this safe to use?"

All better sentiments to a topic than "Is it possible I can form a group of people who have the exact same problem as me?", which is ultimately all this topic is. I'm just baffled, that's all.

To answer these you need to know if anyone else is in the same boat. Which is the question asked, and one which still needs some factual answers. :rolleyes:

The factual answer is that you got a couple of dodgy rims, normal rims arent like that and you're just being an awkward fanny by not accepting this fact and dragging it out.

If you had've phoned tarty and sent the rims out today they would've had them / been able to sent out replacements tomorrow, instead you've just pissed people off and have now increased the waiting time for replacements.

BTW I am not bashing Tarty. I even said it is not their fault in my email to them. As my 1st post said, I just want to know if anyone else has had the same problem. If this is normal or just a bad batch of rims clearly you wouldn't know without asking this question. This is not baffling at all?

The factual answer is that you got a couple of dodgy rims, normal rims arent like that and you're just being an awkward fanny by not accepting this fact and dragging it out.

If you had've phoned tarty and sent the rims out today they would've had them / been able to sent out replacements tomorrow, instead you've just pissed people off and have now increased the waiting time for replacements.

Why asking for help from the forum would piss people off, on the other hand, is completely baffling!

You asked for help and then when you got it you're asking for pictures of peoples personal rims as proof, you can definitely tell the rims you got are f**ked so why ask people with "first hand experiances" of the team rims rather than just take the advice already given by multiple people.