Appalling Build Quality From Inspired

eurodunc

You asked for help and then when you got it you're asking for pictures of peoples personal rims as proof, you can definitely tell the rims you got are f**ked so why ask people with "first hand experiances" of the team rims rather than just take the advice already given by multiple people.

No. I am asking if anyone has had the same problem.

So far only one person with an inspired rim has replied. His rim is ok. The answer to the question, has anyone else had the same problem is still available for a factual answer.

Pretty surprised at Inspired and Tarty who both seem to have a really good rep. This isn't a hoax is it?

Think some people are being a bit harsh, if it's genuine. All this stuff about going back to the suplier/manufacturer before putting it on a forum is rediculous. If people don't want stuff like this cropping up on forums, they need to check their quality controll.

Gotta say though my limited experience with Tarty Bikes has been excellent and with both companies reps, I'm surprised that a product with such poor finish would get all the way to the end user undetected.

sadly not a hoax. They really are this shite.

The bummer is the fact I have waited for 4 moths for these rims to be back in stock. Now I am going to have to wait even longer....especially if the whole batch is bad! :(

Y'know how you could find out? Phone Tarty...

Imagine if half the batch is bad, and all the others who received dodgy ones have phoned up and taken all the good replacements while you've been bitching and moaning...

• Like 1

Imagine if half the batch is bad, and all the others who received dodgy ones have phoned up and taken all the good replacements while you've been bitching and moaning...

It is shut for Easter!...and the experience of "all the others" that you talk about is what I am interested in! A lot more that your opinion..which I have already heard. ;)

Edited by eurodunc

Agree about phoning Tarty but ease up. Tell you what, I'd be having a bitch and a moan if I'd been waiting 4 months to get a product and it turned up looking like that!

Agree about phoning Tarty but ease up. Tell you what, I'd be having a bitch and a moan if I'd been waiting 4 months to get a product and it turned up looking like that!

Just some hearty trolling now to be fair... I doubt they've been closed from when the topic was posted but I haven't checked in which case I apologise.

Edit: I'd moan too, but it'd probably be in the happy thread like 'waited 4 months for a rim, unlucky enough to get the ones that slipped through the quality control net, but tarty have done the right thing and sorted it as quick as they could'

Edited by JDâ„¢

Ok, here goes:

Aw diddums. Would you like a cuddle? N'awwwww, you poor thing.

No, he had a choice. Bitch or sort the problem, or even bitch AND sort the problem. He chose to bitch with no element of sorting the problem. I have no sympathy for that. If I'd waited 4 months and I had the choice between sorting something now or waiting another 4 days I'd choose now. Horses for courses and all that, some people just like to bitch. I'll leave you to your sympathy fest ;)

why you so bitching at this guy for posting about his rim, ok he is being a bit presumptous about all the rims being shoddy cause his is, but on the other hand he's guna be wound up when you can't call tarty to sort it, plus it's important that people share the negative side of any operation/product so that they can improve on it in the future...

• Like 1

Thanks for the cuddle obviously.

What would really make me feel better would be an answer to the original question..... if anyone else has had this problem with the new batch of rims?

I can't really believe that the hole next to the one pictured is the only one that looks ok.

btw, the rim I saw today was totally fine.

Ok, so its pretty late, I'm on holiday, have only had a couple of hours sleep last night (on a hospital floor) and I'm on my phone so apologies if this reply isn't as professional as it could be.

Obviously we are happy you received your order to Portugal in less than 2 days, but we are not happy and are sorry you're not happy with the rims you received, and want to put that right. It's very unfortunate there could be a further delay in getting your bike finished, but it was your choice to wait for the rims to come into stock. This Is is the reason we don't do pre-orders as we can't guarantee when stuff will come back in.

I also apologise this wasn't spotted before dispatch, but I hope you can appreciate checking every square millimetre of each product that goes out would mean you'd still be waiting for your order to arrive next week!

Anyway, looks from here that the drill bit has just snagged a bit and caused a burr, its structurally completely fine and will build up perfectly if you want to get the bike up and running. In that case we would liaise with Inspired (who have also been closed today as Jon is getting married) to sort you a partial refund. If you would like them exchanged we can sort that too, but unfortunately no progress can be made until after the bank holidays, sorry.

I was in work today (was meant to be off) and saw your email, checked a couple of rims and didn't see any others with similar issues, obviously they aren't 100% perfect since they are made to a price. If you wanted to pay £200 a rim then yes, they would be spot on.

I'll be in touch on Tuesday, but to sum up for now:

- Sorry!

- If you want to use the rims they will be functionally fine, we'll sort compensation.

- If you want them replacing, we will get onto it Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Adam

• Like 7

Hi Adam. Thanks for the reply.

We will be in touch after the hols. 50 quid isn't worth the rim I received as 90% of the holes were like this, but we will chat about where we go from now and I am sure we can sort something out. Thanks

Edited by eurodunc

No worries. If nearly all the holes appear the same that would explain it, rim wasn't fixed in the jig correctly before drilling. Would also explain why the ones I looked at are ok too.

Will be in touch Tuesday, we'll get you sorted out!

Thanks.