Accident - Going To Sell

supafly1982

Well i collected my first trials bike yesterday, had a wee shot of it today practicing trackstands and back hops, alot harder than it looks lol. I find it harder to track stand on this than my MTB, i guess it will just take a bit of getting used to, well here it is

echo.jpg

EDIT*** Well my wrist is broke and they dont want to opperate to fix it as it might destroy all my tendons or ligaments, I will have a tendon/ligament broke off the bone where it attaches with a little bit of bone on it, would be risky to opperate so they have to leave it unless theres no other option, its unlikely that i will be able to ride a trials bike due to the preassures etc, what a fugger!!! so im going to have to sell.

Bike was up for £580, i got it down to £450 and cost me £30 in fuel to collec so im selling for £480, will put an add up soon, it takes me ages to type lol

Edited by supafly1982

cool, will try that out, cheers guys.I wont be on the echo for a couple of weeks as ive smashed both my wrists, left ones knackerd, hit a massive boulder head on today going flat out down hill on the trails, it was followed by some amazing air time and a not to graceful slam back down to earth, was doing the black at Kirroughtree, my local patch, i should know better. My mate taco'd his front wheel and smashed his wrist and shoulder too, one of them days :rolleyes: that what happens when your being wreckless :giggle:

EDIT*** Well my wrist is broke and they dont want to opperate to fix it as it might destroy all my tendons or ligaments, I will have a tendon/ligament broke off the bone where it attaches with a little bit of bone on it, would be risky to opperate so they have to leave it unless theres no other option, its unlikely that i will be able to ride a trials bike due to the preassures etc, what a fugger!!! so im going to have to sell.

Bike was up for £580, i got it down to £450 and cost me £30 in fuel to collec so im selling for £480, will put an add up soon, it takes me ages to type lol

Not sure I get this. You're trying to sell it for what you paid for it + cost of fuel?

It appears you do understand in that case. Yeah, he's selling it for what it owes him, what's wrong with that? As long as it's worth what he's asking then why does it matter how he's come to the figure?

• Like 4

correct, the asking price was £580, i go the lad to sell it to me after much bartering for £450 as it was going to cost another £30 fuel to collect it, im just being honest about the cost of it and the fact i want to get back what it has cost me (its 4 month old, bought from tarty bikes) and i only got to ride it once, if you would rather oay me £580 feel free :lol: its not that hard to comprehend really ;)

Edited by supafly1982

It appears you do understand in that case. Yeah, he's selling it for what it owes him, what's wrong with that? As long as it's worth what he's asking then why does it matter how he's come to the figure?

Yeah, I think we all know I was only having a little jest. No need to get on your high horse about it.

correct, the asking price was £580, i go the lad to sell it to me after much bartering for £4

50 as it was going to cost another £30 fuel to collect it, im just being honest about the cost of it and the fact i want to get back what it has cost me (its 4 month old, bought from tarty bikes) and i only got to ride it once, if you would rather oay me £580 feel free :lol: its not that hard to comprehend really ;)

You seriously think anyone is going to want to pay for the fuel you used to collect it when you bought it and then their own collection/postage costs on top? Get real. Even if they thought £480 was a good deal they're gonna feel cheated, knowing you only paid £450 for it. I'll be really surprised if anyone that's read this would give you more than that for it now. If I were you I'd put it in the classifieds just say it ows you £480. I'm not just being an arse hole and I hope you get what you want for it but you really need to work on your selling skills.

Edited by Chris Borneo

Yeah, I think we all know I was only having a little jest. No need to get on your high horse about it.

You seriously think anyone is going to want to pay for the fuel you used to collect it when you bought it and then their own collection/postage costs on top. Get real. Even if they thought £480 was a good deal they're gonna feel cheated, knowing you only paid £450 for it. I'll be really surprised if anyone that's read this would give you more than that for it now. If I were you I'd put it in the classifieds just say it ows you £480. I'm not just being an arse hole and I hope you get what you want for it but you really need to work on your selling skills.

I wouldn't pay for the fuel but still if he wasn't going to lower it , I'd still pay $£480 for that bikes as it's a pretty good deal if it's in good condition but mate you probably should have kept quiet about the fuel part ;)

If you look at it from a different point of view, you could say that he's actually being unnecessarily generous, by not trying to make a profit on it despite the fact he got it at a good price to start with? He's willing to sell it for that price as long as it covers his costs, with no thought or attempt towards making a profit on it himself, I see no problem with that at all, in fact I think it's more than fair. The price an item has once sold at doesn't determine its future value. Everything you buy new is essentially sold for its initial price, plus its transport cost, plus a load more, it's not exactly anything new to want to cover costs when selling something.

No high horse intended, I'm just not sure anyone would have cared until you pointed it out, and I think it's a little un-fair to call the guy out on it. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter if he bought it for £1000 or £10, if it's worth £480, then someone will hopefully buy it for that, if it's not, they wont.

Anyway, back on topic. Sorry to hear about your injuries, that sounds like a nasty break. Is the idea of not operating that it may heal on its own, but will take a lot longer than expected?

Edited by RobinJI
  • Like 1

aye im too honest for my own good lol, I dont see the point of missleading people or lying, this way people know exactly where they stand. The ptice i got it for does not determin its value, thats not how depreciation works. The bike is worth its money and like you say i just want the money back it owes me. I had said on another thread that i got the lad down to £450 after haggling, im not going to lie and say i paid the lad £480 for it, even if it has cost me that, cost me more actually as i had to buy the missus dinner :S

Hi RobinJI, cheers fella, the wrist will heal but will remain broken with loss of some range of movement in the thumb, should be easy enough tolive with they have said, i can get cortizone injections if it continues to hurt but they said they hurt like a bitch to get, opperating to join the broken bit really is a last resort and they dont want to do it for my sake incase i loose more than the use of my thumb, sucks a bit but as long as i can still ride my full sus when im healed then i wont be that bothered, if i cant then i will be pretty damned upset (N)

cost me more actually as i had to buy the missus dinner :S

Add it on, you're on a roll! :P

At least this way you're getting lots of traffic to the bike, and lots of sympathy for your injury. Which, by the way, I hope gets back to full health as soon as possible (Y)