Does Edam Have Holes In It?

liam n

From here:

Edam

(Netherlands) Cow's milk, partly skimmed 2 to 3 months Mellow, nut-like Semisoft to firm, smooth; small irregularly shaped or round holes; lower milkfat than Gouda Creamy yellow or medium yellow-orange interior; surface coated with red wax Cannon ball shaped loaf, cut pieces oblong Appetizers, snacks, salads, sandwiches, seafood sauces, dessert

Edit: Also, see here

Edited by JD™

In other fail news - I definately didn't just try clicking the links shared between you and your friend in that screenshot...

I also did this.blushing.gif

As amusing as this thread is, this seems a lot like the kind of argument that could have been solved by the wonder that is google.

For the record, without googling, I would have guessed Edam was hole-less, but wouldn't have been at all sure.

Edited by RobinJI

I live in the USA. If I want cheese that doesn't taste like licking in between Granddad's toes, I have to pay 10 pounds for it at the hippy section of the local posh store.

Who cares if your Edam has holes in it or not.

Edited by JT!

Jarlsberg is the cheese that's famous for holes.

Leerdammer is a make of that, it's pretty tasty. Try melting it in a croissant with some mushrooms under the grill.

No it's not. Leerdammer is a brand who produce emmental cheese. Jarlsberg smells like a sweating arse. Consequently they both feature holes.

Who cares if your Edam has holes in it or not.

Who cares if you decided that moving to the US to live in a caravan was a good move ;)

I'm clearly just jesting, in case that wasn't blindingly obvious.