08 Gu Typhoon 20"

stunt man t

since i lost my job over a year ago i had to raise money so i sold my viper green onza blade sad.gif

but i got a new job and got money to build a bike again biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

this is how it stands at the momoent, just thought id share it with you because (as you can see) its the most sexiest frames ever made and i dought you could get one BRAND NEW again!? (ARES off the forum sold it to me)

here she is......

comments welcome smile.gif

IMG00135-20120406-1717.jpg

IMG00134-20120406-1717.jpg

IMG00137-20120407-1348.jpg

IMG00143-20120410-1721.jpg

Spec so far...

GU TP 2008 20" frame

Trial-Tech Forks

Echo SL headset

Echo TR stem

Trial-Tech carbon spacer

Reset Ti bottom bracket

Echo SL crank bolts

Echo SL 2012 Frt rim on Onza 2012 Disc Hub

Titec El'norte Handle Bars (28" - 2nd hand)

Hope Trial Zone Frt Brake 180mm

Try-all Expert Cranks

Bonz Bash Ring

Tensile 60'click

Echo Caged Pedals

Edited by stunt man t

Nice, should end up being a cool bike, regardless of the parts you stick on it. I thought those Gu's are dead heavy though :S

well its heavier then most available now..

i weighed it at sainsburys on there scales on a checkout and it was between 1.8 and 1.9 (kg) (couldnt get an exact weight) :lol)

That is the sexiest frame I have seen, hopefully you choose the right parts to complement this beauty. what is that white thing to the left? it kind of looks like one of those star wars walker things lol.

Dont worry i have taste ;) its the neighbours caravan, i hate it... ill side hop on it and dent it a bit... that or poor brake fluid all over it ;) loooooooooool

Edited by stunt man t

weight isn't everything?

i want a good lokking bike, not botherd about weight

heavy frame + light parts = decent weight overall (Y)

That might be true,but you could spent those money on much more important parts which you would actually feel.Not to mention that this frame was ment to be tank.

What's your prob about the weight lol!

I rode Sam's GU (im sure it was this model) and it was one of the lightest (to this day imo) bikes i've tried! It was amazing. I still don't understand how it was so light. Jamie if you read this, do you remember, before he got the echo.

Looks good though :)

Edited by dann2707

That might be true,but you could spent those money on much more important parts which you would actually feel.Not to mention that this frame was ment to be tank.

would it matter if the BB was Ti and the handle bars were realy heavy or the BB was heavy and the cranks and pedals were light (for example).. would you notice?

it is a tank but it doesnt matter to me, i had a 7kg bike before and it didnt make a difference

im going for looks rather then weight to be honest :D

would it matter if the BB was Ti and the handle bars were realy heavy or the BB was heavy and the cranks and pedals were light (for example).. would you notice?

im going for looks rather then weight to be honest :D

No,but I would notice the saved weight on the wheels,that´s for sure ;) Also I don´t get how BB change the looks of the bike,but if you mean those two gold spacers,ok.

Sweet! Pretty sinister with the Trialtech forks (Y) Looks to be a promising build, glad you are enjoying the frame :D

---

The frame isn't as heavy as you'd think. Floats around the 1.85kg mark from what I remember. It's only what 400g heavier than these tiny frames of today? But it's a stiff frame. Trialtech forks are comparatively heavy next to stuff like Echo SL and compy forks but their position at no.1 is justified by strength and stiffness that other forks these days are lacking in sacrifice for weight...

It's nice to have some variety. Wouldn't it be a bit boring if everyone had the same super-light weight crazy high BB 2012 mod frames?

It's nice to have some variety. Wouldn't it be a bit boring if everyone had the same super-light weight crazy high BB 2012 mod frames?

I used to have 26 typhoon,now I have 06 pitbull,so what do you think I would answer? ;) It´s just unusual to use light and not very strong parts on such heavy duty frame.I know it´s nice to save few grams,but BB is prolly one of the most crucial areas just like handlebars so I personally wouldn´t try to save too much weight on those parts.BTW,really looking forward to se this fully build (Y)

Edited by ghostrider88