Tyre Help!

robbie-woods

okay realy need help with my tyre! it keeps popping off my rear rim and havent a clue why! the tyre has 20x2.50 (67-387) and it says that it will fit rim hb 396x30, what does all of this mean and how can i find out what size tyre i need for my rim?

its a drilled onza rear wheel

is it a rear wheel its popping off? cos mod rear wheels are 19" not 20". also are you running a ridiculously low pressure?

yeh its a rear wheel that it keeps coming off, my other wheel which was my old wheel is a tiny bit bigger and i mean like 2mm bigger all the way round

sounds like you have a 19" rear rim and a 20" rear tyre. That would be the problem.

so.. new 19" tyre maybe?

just measured the front and rear rim and they are 17" and the rear is 16" thats only the rim not including the tyre so guess that means the rear one is a 19" like u say!

Pretty much all rear mod tyres say 20X2.5 on them, when they're actually for a 19" rim. This is because the sidewalls are much bigger than a standard tyre, so the overall diameter equals to 20" when fitted on a 19" rim.

Is your current tyre quite old? Maybe the bead is pretty weak, and can't hold it on the rim so well. Wouldn't hurt to try a new tyre I guess.