Hate My Bike Now...

williams

YOOO! I'm seriously really pissed off now! Everytime I fix something on my bike, something else fu*kes up. Im serious. This time I fixed my rear wheel, bought new tyre and tube and it worked. Got out for a ride, and stripped the magura threads, and the Magura is now slow as a turtle to return... And YES it is waterbled and have been for 1 week, I haven't ridden it waterbled for more than 3 hours. But why is it soooooo slow to return?

Thread repair kit is on the way here, but I wan't help with my fu**ing magura.

If my bike keeps break in this tempo (I have owned the bike since november and the bike has been working for about 2 months, the rest of the time it has been broken and un-ride able) I'm seriously going to quit trial.

Hope that someone can help me with my MAGURA ISSUE.

BTW the bike is a 2011 onza pro. (2010 model)

EDIT: :angry:

Edited by williams

It pays to take your time and maintain with care. Attacking a bike with the mentality of you being stressed cause it doesn't work usually ends in you breaking something.

If I have an afternoon free every so often I'll strip my bike down and rebuild it going over everything making sure it is all in order and greased up. Might be an idea to do that yourself?

Or just go brakeless ;)

Give it a fresh water bleed ( in the bath or sink for best results ).

Put either something along the lines of mineral oil or engine oil on the slaves. Hold one slave in so when you pull the lever the other one is fully extended. Keep pumping it and adding fresh oil as you go. Worked a treat for me. :)

Edited by Sam T

Sounds like your experiencing something called life. Never expect anything to work, anything to go as planned and you won't be disappointed, bikes always brake. I have the same issue for example, I buy front wheel, lovely front wheel. pop it on, ride, frame cracks yey...so I got it welded, sorted! etc.

Your Magura sounds like it needs lubing up, take your brake off, push the piston on the slave as far out as possible, shove some grease on it then pull the lever a few times.

if this doesn't work the piston in the lever, may have swollen. (This is unlikely as you've only had it water bled for a week.) you'll have to get the piston out of the lever, take the O-ring off, sand the piston down (making a smaller diameter) put the o-ring back on, and put the piston back in, then re-bleed.

Edited by liam n
  • Like 1

Sounds like your experiencing something called life. Never expect anything to work, anything to go as planned and you won't be disappointed, bikes always brake. I have the same issue for example, I buy front wheel, lovely front wheel. pop it on, ride, frame cracks yey...so I got it welded, sorted! etc.

Your Magura sounds like it needs lubing up, take your brake off, push the piston on the slave as far out as possible, shove some grease on it then pull the lever a few times.

if this doesn't work the piston in the lever, may have swollen. (This is unlikely as you've only had it water bled for a week.) you'll have to get the piston out of the lever, take the O-ring off, sand the piston down (making a smaller diameter) put the o-ring back on, and put the piston back in, then re-bleed.

yeah I know, but I only have problems with my bike all the time which makes me frustrated.

Will try that. And if this doesn't work, how do I get the piston out of the lever?

Thanks mate for you're ansver! :)

It pays to take your time and maintain with care. Attacking a bike with the mentality of you being stressed cause it doesn't work usually ends in you breaking something.

If I have an afternoon free every so often I'll strip my bike down and rebuild it going over everything making sure it is all in order and greased up. Might be an idea to do that yourself?

Or just go brakeless ;)

I am careful and do not maintain my bike bad. And it's not like i've built my bike with a hammer. But yeah you have a point and I get it :)

Yeah that might be a good idea. I have been checking it after evry ride though.. :)

Hahaha dream on ;):giggle:

Give it a fresh water bleed ( in the bath or sink for best results ).

Put either something along the lines of mineral oil or engine oil on the slaves. Hold one slave in so when you pull the lever the other one is fully extended. Keep pumping it and adding fresh oil as you go. Worked a treat for me. :)

Will try that one mate :)

Get shot of the onza and buy something duel disc, problem solved.

Can't sell it because the cranks are worn so they come loose every ride, the pedals are beat to shi*, the front disc aren't working properly, the magura aren't working good, one 4-bolt hole is stripped of threads. So yeah good luck selling this.... And my onza were dual disc when I bought it, and I had more problems with dual disc so NO problem aren't solved. AT ALL!

depends on which lever, first remove the blae, bleed screw and pipe etc, attempt to pull the piston out with pliers (gently)

if that doesn't work;

for 04 leavers, you can push it out with a small allen key through the bleed hole/pipe hole.

05 onwards, leave the bleeed screw in and attach some magura pipe to your foot pump and blow the piston out.

if that doesn't work i'm not sure.

p.s i'm no expert, i have only done this with 04 maggies, but with 05 maggies that's what i've beeen told

Will try that one mate :)

Can't sell it because the cranks are worn so they come loose every ride, the pedals are beat to shi*, the front disc aren't working properly, the magura aren't working good, one 4-bolt hole is stripped of threads. So yeah good luck selling this.... And my onza were dual disc when I bought it, and I had more problems with dual disc so NO problem aren't solved. AT ALL!

the standard disk brakes on onza's are pretty crap in my opinion, two shimano deore's and you wont think about your brakes again!

Also buy a isis bottom bracket as square taper usually do mess up.

depends on which lever, first remove the blae, bleed screw and pipe etc, attempt to pull the piston out with pliers (gently)

if that doesn't work;

for 04 leavers, you can push it out with a small allen key through the bleed hole/pipe hole.

05 onwards, leave the bleeed screw in and attach some magura pipe to your foot pump and blow the piston out.

if that doesn't work i'm not sure.

p.s i'm no expert, i have only done this with 04 maggies, but with 05 maggies that's what i've beeen told

Thanks mate, really appreciate it! :) :)

the standard disk brakes on onza's are pretty crap in my opinion, two shimano deore's and you wont think about your brakes again!

Also buy a isis bottom bracket as square taper usually do mess up.

yeah they might be, but I don't know... I don't like discs on the rear... I love the "bite" from magura, only is a pain in the arse to maintain it... ;)

But yeah im going to buy new cranks and BB, and a ISIS BB is on the buying list ;)

someone got their their peroid i think :blink:

Not funny. I have the rights to be angry just like everyone else.

Edited by williams

Sticky piston!

I sorted mine out last week, by doing what people suggested above. It's because there's friction on one of the slaves (usually crap gets in the cylinder where the piston protrudes) so the force applied moves the piston that's less restrictive. I sprayed some WD40 stuff along the slave pistons first and pumped the brake loads, then applied some lithium grease along them. Works so much better now and should last a fair bit longer.

After riding with one its horrible as your slaves dont hit the rim at the same time, and you think your brake has locked up but it's just waiting for the other piston (sticky one) to hit the other side of the rim. Had a right nasty stack because of them the other week!

When you have things setup right in the first place, things don't really go wrong afterwards unless you physically damage it somehow... When I had my mod, I built a new rear wheel and gave the bike an overall tweak and didn't have to touch it for months, didn't even check it when I sold it. Got no complaints.

Sticky piston!

I sorted mine out last week, by doing what people suggested above. It's because there's friction on one of the slaves (usually crap gets in the cylinder where the piston protrudes) so the force applied moves the piston that's less restrictive. I sprayed some WD40 stuff along the slave pistons first and pumped the brake loads, then applied some lithium grease along them. Works so much better now and should last a fair bit longer.

After riding with one its horrible as your slaves dont hit the rim at the same time, and you think your brake has locked up but it's just waiting for the other piston (sticky one) to hit the other side of the rim. Had a right nasty stack because of them the other week!

AH now i know ;) thanks for the explanation :) But didn't you run phatfluid?

YEah it really sucks! where out riding and suddenly when hopping from a rock to another the backwheel locked.... (N)

re the magura mount being threaded, you can put a jubilee clip around it (with a bolt in it still) and tighten it up like that, helps to have a booster though. trials bikes are a shit to maintain, or my first bikes seemed to be, eventually you'll collect some better parts and you're problems will start to diminish but entry level bikes will always be tricky, it's just how it is.

re the magura mount being threaded, you can put a jubilee clip around it (with a bolt in it still) and tighten it up like that, helps to have a booster though. trials bikes are a shit to maintain, or my first bikes seemed to be, eventually you'll collect some better parts and you're problems will start to diminish but entry level bikes will always be tricky, it's just how it is.

Thanks for suggestion, but my thread repir kit is already on the way.

Haha yupp, they are a real pain in the arse to maintain, especially on entry-level bikes like mine. But I will do a complete re-build of my bike. So I hope I can ride for atleast 1 hour before something breaks again, haha :giggle:;)

especially on entry-level bikes like mine.

Good point that, if I was to spend money on trials parts again I wouldn't buy cheapish stuff and go straight to the decent ish stuff as they just seem to last so much longer. Like hubs without cones and open bearings, cheap freewheels, cheap headsets etc! Buy cheap buy twice seems to be the on running theme with trials I reckon.

• Like 1