Hate My Bike Now...

williams

HIII! So I hate my bike again.. ;)

I "fixed my rear brake.. re-bled it with water and wd-40 the piston, it worked fine. I Got out for a ride, and after about 15 mins the brake got worse and worse. I continued riding for about a hour more, and the last 15 mins of that riding the brake was slow as a turle. Really really slow! Is it still the pitsons or is it something else?

HIII! So I hate my bike again.. ;)

I "fixed my rear brake.. re-bled it with water and wd-40 the piston, it worked fine. I Got out for a ride, and after about 15 mins the brake got worse and worse. I continued riding for about a hour more, and the last 15 mins of that riding the brake was slow as a turle. Really really slow! Is it still the pitsons or is it something else?

WD 40 isn´t lube really,you should put some thin grease on pistons and use wd 40 only as cleanser.

No,copper grease is intended to use on metal parts(cranks/BBs) to prevent them from seizing only,lithium grease or any other standard grease yould be ok.

Ok thanks again mate. Ordered the thread repair kit you recommended to btw :)

i am amazed at how many cyclists use wd40 on there bike ?

wd40 is used to penetrate rusted parts and unseaze them (not as an oil) as it is water based and the other ingredeints are lots of nasty chemicals. which actualy detroy ruber parts like brake seals.

you should use brake cleaner and the lube with o ring lube or silicon lube.

• Like 1