Refilling My Disc.

How Original

Made a bit of an oopsie when I was changing my pads, and the lever of the brake was pressed in, so the caliper pissed all the fluid out, I've just got a new bottle of 5.1dot today, so just wondering what's the best way of doing it?

I figured put the lever on the bike, try and get the caliper on the disc, and fill it up?

Although it's hard because the pads are brand new so thicker than the old ones, and they are now pushing against the disc, so in a bit of a predicament :lol:

It's a Hope Mono 6-Ti

Edited by How Original

You can push the pistons right out on some brakes when pumping without pads / rotor in.

That's exactly what happened lol.

The lever got stood on, thankfully it didn't get bent, but it had some fair pressure which is why the piston popped out.

So what's the best way of doing it then?

Telling me how not to do it isn't really helpful.

That's exactly what happened lol.

The lever got stood on, thankfully it didn't get bent, but it had some fair pressure which is why the piston popped out.

So what's the best way of doing it then?

Telling me how not to do it isn't really helpful.

push the pistons back in,put something like a piece of wood or wrench basically something that fits between them to hold them in place(there special block for this,but I doubt you have one).then just follow this