Swedish Trials Rider Who Passed Away..

William trials

Hi guys, this is "Williams" but I'm having some issues with that account.... yeye whatever.

Let's get to the point, If I aren't wrong there was a Swedish trials rider who passed away. Think I saw it somewhere here. I would like to know who he is, since i'm thinking of making a memorial ride for him, even though I don't know him. That would be a cool thing for me to create a memorial ride for him since I live in Sweden. And show that trial is like a small familly.

Im sorry that I might be abit disrespectful by putting out a thread like this, sorry :/

Edit: Remeber that this where just a thought, not a action. I said that im THINKING of doing it, Not GOING. I wanted to know his name, and might get some info about him. which I got.

I thought about it when i was out riding and realized that my thought where not so good. I beg everyone's pardon. And i think that I should stay away from this forum abit cause many people don't like me here.

Edited by William trials

It's not disrespectful mate, quite the opposite - it's good to see that you want to pay your respects to a fellow countryman and rider!

I'm not sure who you're referring to, but it's a nice sentiment. Rest in peace to all the fallen riders, no matter what country they're from.

• Like 3

The people who set up those rides actually knew those riders, rather than just wanting to start one up without even knowing who it was for, what had happened to him, etc. It just seems pretty strange to me, but then again my perspective may be different having ridden with him and having known him.

EDIT: It's also nothing about 'deserving' one, it's purely about the motivation and reasoning behind doing it.

• Like 1

The people who set up those rides actually knew those riders, rather than just wanting to start one up without even knowing who it was for, what had happened to him, etc. It just seems pretty strange to me, but then again my perspective may be different having ridden with him and having known him.

EDIT: It's also nothing about 'deserving' one, it's purely about the motivation and reasoning behind doing it.

what a strange cynical man i pity you

• Like 2

I urge you to drop it.

Woah back up now folks...hold up its the T/F police here.... LOLOL

I can't quite understand the negativity of this topic im agreeing with Mike's comment here..

Give this guy some credit that is dedication willing to hold a ride for his country n other riders in memory of the rider who passed away.

Edited by Andeee
  • Like 3

I'm kinda between the two here - the thought's good to show that there's a sense of community, but seeing as you don't even know who it is you're planning on running a memorial ride for it seems a little strange... I personally wouldn't be doing it anyway.

ps, "timmeh" are you actually serious? Pay attention to what Mark's actually saying and you might understand the point a little better.

• Like 4

I knew that I would get a lot of shit thrown at me for writing this. I don't do it for getting more famous or anything like that. You can think whatever you wan't I don't care.

Mark you have a point, I don't know/knew him. But does that mean that it's wrong to honour him?

I would just think it would be great to get the Swedish riders here so we could honour him. It would be quite fun, but especially big for me I think.

So think what you wan't.

/

Williams

• Like 1

I knew that I would get a lot of shit thrown at me for writing this. I don't do it for getting more famous or anything like that. You can think whatever you wan't I don't care.

Mark you have a point, I don't know/knew him. But does that mean that it's wrong to honour him?

I would just think it would be great to get the Swedish riders here so we could honour him. It would be quite fun, but especially big for me I think.

So think what you wan't.

/

Williams

It would take you approximately f**k all time to do a bit of research to at least sound like you know who you're talking about.

Funny how none of the people who are 'for' this idea seem to know who they'd be 'honouring'. For all you know he could have been the most vocal person ever against memorial rides, or there could already be a regular ride for him. That's what makes this stink of shit, the laziness of just thinking a 'good' thought will be enough.

It would take you approximately f**k all time to do a bit of research to at least sound like you know who you're talking about.

Funny how none of the people who are 'for' this idea seem to know who they'd be 'honouring'. For all you know he could have been the most vocal person ever against memorial rides, or there could already be a regular ride for him. That's what makes this stink of shit, the laziness of just thinking a 'good' thought will be enough.

But it's that up to you? If I wan't to show some respect for a Swedish rider it's up to me. Not you. Can't really see the wrong in it....

But i'm glad you waste your time arguing with a 14 year old boy. :)

• Like 2

So now it's time for my original account. I had heard about this guy before, but I had forgotten his name. The guy I'm talking about is "janson" who is a SM member on here. You can look it up. I'm also Swedish and think it would be a cool thing to host a memorial ride here. Which I have said 3 times now, I think.

The mans full name is "Robert Janson" which someone on here might recognize. Robert had a friend who were named "Peter Backgren", Peter made a trip down to england and rode with Dan Grey, Sam Wheeler, Jack Meek and a few others in the south of England. Someone on here must recognize this?!

I also found a video on him and Peter.

EDIT: I really really hope that I aren't offending anyone! I hope that the persons in qustion don't get mad at me for publicing their names. I'm sorry if I had, hope I didn't 'stepped over the border'...

Edited by williams

It is a bit weird, he died quite a few years ago.

I don't see how you can honour him when you didn't even know him. And if you don't even know his name I'd just leave it.

Exactly. I just don't see how it can have any meaning if you have no idea about who he is. Having known Janson a memorial ride doesn't really seem to fit who he was. It's hard to explain, but basically if you knew him you'd understand - hence why all the people who knew Janson don't really "get" the idea of a memorial ride, and it's just the people who didn't know him who think it's a good idea.

EDIT: To put it another way, a memorial ride is about remembering a rider. How can you 'remember' a rider you have no memories of?

• Like 1

wow it suprises me how many guys on here that are dicks... Didn't thought that...

Even if I don't know him, does it mean that I'm doing wrong just honouring him?! there is another guy riding in Stockholm who knew this guy really good. all the people that goes on for an example beaus memorial ride don't know him, but it's ok for them to go, but it's not ok for me to honour the swedish rider, seriously: Wtf?!

and for the guy who said something like: he's just 14...

What has my age to do with this? I have EXACTLY the same right to be on here as you.

Edited by William trials
  • Like 3

You call that "flaming", Mike? He asked for people's opinions about something, people gave him opinions about it. He asked for more information about stuff, he got more information about stuff. Just because those opinions and that informations aren't necessarily what he agrees with doesn't make it "flaming". The only one who got "flamed" here appears to be me by the "timmeh" guy, but I can't say I'm particularly bothered about that.

all the people that goes on for an example beaus memorial ride don't know him, but it's ok for them to go, but it's not ok for me to honour the swedish rider, seriously: Wtf?!

I never met Jason McRoy but I'd love to take part in a memorial ride in honour of him. Would never even consider trying to organise one myself though, having never met him how could I do him justice??