Swedish Trials Rider Who Passed Away..

William trials

wow it suprises me how many guys on here that are dicks... Didn't thought that...

Even if I don't know him, does it mean that I'm doing wrong just honouring him?! there is another guy riding in Stockholm who knew this guy really good. all the people that goes on for an example beaus memorial ride don't know him, but it's ok for them to go, but it's not ok for me to honour the swedish rider, seriously: Wtf?!

Dude, seriously... People attend the big memorial rides over here to pay their respects (or just have a good time) without knowing the riders. This is fine, no problems there at all - however if someone completely unrelated to the rider (so much so they didn't even know their name) started trying to organise another ride in their honour, the riders actual friends would take offence to it, which is exactly what happened here.

Mark knew Rob well, he's trying to give you some serious advice on the fact that doing this could be a properly dick move. I never met him but knew him through here and other avenues as did a lot of others and as Mark said, it doesn't quite seem fitting even if it were to come from someone he actually knew. You say you ride with guys in Stockholm who knew him - have you run the idea past them at all? At least start somewhere close to the actual person/ event in question. I've organised the past few years' DJ memorial rides, but i'd never think of doing one without running it past the Jones' first purely out of respect.

As i said before - i think your intentions are good, but misplaced.

Edited by Skoze
  • Like 1

Dude, seriously... People attend the big memorial rides over here to pay their respects (or just have a good time) without knowing the riders. This is fine, no problems there at all - however if someone completely unrelated to the rider (so much so they didn't even know their name) started trying to organise another ride in their honour, the riders actual friends would take offence to it, which is exactly what happened here.

Mark knew Rob well, he's trying to give you some serious advice on the fact that doing this could be a properly dick move. I never met him but knew him through here and other avenues as did a lot of others and as Mark said, it doesn't quite seem fitting even if it were to come from someone he actually knew. You say you ride with guys in Stockholm who knew him - have you run the idea past them at all? At least start somewhere close to the actual person/ event in question. I've organised the past few years' DJ memorial rides, but i'd never think of doing one without running it past the Jones' first purely out of respect.

As i said before - i think your intentions are good, but misplaced.

You are right, and I might have been expressing myself wrong. I wanted to know his name so i could get info about him. I have sent a message to the rider who knew him, but he haven't been online yet.

I wan't to arrange it with the riders who knew him, not arrange the whole thing by myself.

I hope you can see my point in this...

I do also find this strange.

I would really just drop it.. i guess this guys friends would be atleast 10years older than you. If a 14 y/o kid who had no relations to my friend, contacted me about making a memorial ride just for the fun of it i wouldn't be happy about it at all.

Just try to gather some people for a normal group ride in Stockholm.

• Like 1

I would really just drop it.. i guess this guys friends would be atleast 10years older than you. If a 14 y/o kid who had no relations to my friend, contacted me about making a memorial ride just for the fun of it i wouldn't be happy about it at all.

Hope you had red my edit. but yea I get it! They are 10 years older than me, but I have a small relation to him, but im just going to drop it.

And i think that I should stay away from this forum abit cause many people don't like me here.

Nah, most people don't care either way.

I'm on Mark's side. Just get together a whole bunch of riders for another reason, if that's what you want to do.

Nah, most people don't care either way.

I'm on Mark's side. Just get together a whole bunch of riders for another reason, if that's what you want to do.

Here in Sweden people would really care about it, and just threat me bad, and don't really forgive me... Just how many, not everybody under age 20 seems to be like here.

Yupp Mark has right, and I where wrong. Only one other rider here in Stockholm so not going to be a group ride.

I never met Jason McRoy but I'd love to take part in a memorial ride in honour of him. Would never even consider trying to organise one myself though, having never met him how could I do him justice??

This

Because of this.

I wasn't flaming.

Your age has everything to do with it, I was saying close the topic to save you further shame now and in the future.

When you are older you will realise what a daft idea this was.

Remember we were all fourteen once and now can look back and see how dumb and also naive we were then, sometimes it is better to listen to what older people are saying to you because sometimes, believe it or not older more experienced people are actually correct.

As you have found in this thread.

• Like 1

This

Because of this.

I wasn't flaming.

Your age has everything to do with it, I was saying close the topic to save you further shame now and in the future.

When you are older you will realise what a daft idea this was.

Remember we were all fourteen once and now can look back and see how dumb and also naive we were then, sometimes it is better to listen to what older people are saying to you because sometimes, believe it or not older more experienced people are actually correct.

As you have found in this thread.

Yeah I actually DID listen to you guys. When I where out riding i realized that it where a really weird/f*cked up idea, haha. The topic where only a thought, as I did mention in the edit.

I'm going to laugh at this topic in about 1 month, and yes you're totally right: It is often better to listen to older people, which i'd learn't the hard way...

WIlliam :)

• Like 1

Yeah I actually DID listen to you guys. When I where out riding i realized that it where a really weird/f*cked up idea, haha. The topic where only a thought, as I did mention in the edit.

I'm going to laugh at this topic in about 1 month, and yes you're totally right: It is often better to listen to older people, which i'd learn't the hard way...

WIlliam :)

I think, ultimately, you came to the right decision after reading this thread, but don't beat yourself up to bad, and I think people should go easy on him now, your heart's in the right place fella!

• Like 2