Forum Upgrade

Ive just upgraded the forum to the latest version of IPB. There are quite a few rough edges and broken things (gallery/feedback) but im working at getting those fixed.

We wanted to get on the latest software ASAP to avoid being exploited again.

The skin still needs a lot of work to get it back to where it was.

Ta

Danny

• Like 1

wow i thought it'd been hacked and taken down again but no, it's come back better than ever! I think it looks pretty decent already but the placement of the adverts is a bit un-aesthetically pleasing for me; it seems to dominate the page, being up there in the middle with all that space to itself, seems more like a heading or thread title rather than an advert in my own opinion.

Alot of the buttons dont work for me on Chrome.

Which ones, and what error do you get when you click them?

wow i thought it'd been hacked and taken down again but no, it's come back better than ever! I think it looks pretty decent already but the placement of the adverts is a bit un-aesthetically pleasing for me; it seems to dominate the page, being up there in the middle with all that space to itself, seems more like a heading or thread title rather than an advert in my own opinion.

Glad you like, the banners will be going back to their proper home once me or danny work out how to move the search box :)

The add links and media button don't seem to work, just greys about the page a little and you can't click anything.

Can you try now?

On the mobile version is there any chance you could remove the facebook and twitter share buttons?! they are right above the reply button and im gonna press it accidently lol.

Yep, gimme a chance to look at it on my mobile :P Hopefully this will fix all the 'can't post from my mobile' issues

The drop down menu on my name doesn't work, the two side boxes which i never pay attention to cant be removed, there is a grey box, which darkens as-if i can click it when scrolled over, but does nothing.

Could there be a choice to remove those side boxes and stretch out the whole look, rather than there just being a white space, it looks a bit messy.

The advert looks out of place also. Some peoples profile pics are not working

I would of set some of the font a little bigger personally.

Seems Okay apart from those things.

Alot of the buttons dont work for me on Chrome.

Smilies don't work for me. Button doesn't respond. (Chrome)

Also a biggy for me, the grid lines between threads needs to be of a higher contrast/ darker. Even at a magnified view it's a pain to see what topic has X amount of views.