Adaptrac Mtb Traction Control

Ben Swales

I think calling it 'traction control' is going a little far and can't really see it offering much benefit to many to be honest. I'd have thought that with suspension being the norm that a system that tapped into air shocks would be more beneficial than tyres, and a lot lighter and simpler to accomplish.

would have though it would be best marketed for snow bikes and the like. They ride on really soft snow and sand then come to ice and rock, changing the tyre pressure would give some benefit in those cases, prolonging tyres lives and making riding less of an effort with drag.

recon it could continuously inflate your tyre if you had a knarly puncture? that could be handy in a race scenario... my knowledge of tyre pressure affecting off road riding is prety limited but i can imagine there being an advantage to having a lower pressure while descending them hills before jacking it up nice and high to really pin the bike across the flat sections/climbs, more-over would it be possible to even give the pressure guages a glance whilst riding at a high-performance level? or do you have the option of a pre-set pressure, so flicking the lever up or down will allow a specific level of air in/out of the wheel, cause it would be shit if you help it to long going up/down and blew/deflated the wheel... and would the weight gain balance out the potential time savings? makes droper seat-posts seem quite a reasonable upgrade on the scale of "on the fly adjustment" bike tech goes...

i hope that doesn't seem like a bashing, i've often wondered when we'd get this on push bikes after seeing it in 4x4s...