Magura 05 Cracking

F.N.G

Hi guys

I have heard a lot of rumors 05 maguras cracking, and I just brought one, and I know a lot of people grind or cut of the area where it is likely to crack.

Does anyone have any pictures of where to grind off? and where it is likely to crack?

Thanks a lot people, I do not want this brake to go to waste (Y)

They're awful.

Properly nice when they're in one piece, but far too weak I think.

I was lucky enough to get hold of an old Echo SL lever body. Running my old 05's internals and lever and works a charm.

No chance of it snapping either

They are usually fine if you grind off the edge. Much comfier than the pre-04 ones. Anyways, you see the + and - sign next to the tpa? That 90 degree corner is where the crack starts. I will try and find a pic of where to grind off.p4pb5091712.jpg

Fair enough. I've snapped them in half but only when they've not been modified. Also cracked the lever bolt area from work hardening I guess. Anyways, might be worth looking at your lever angle to see if you're putting alot of stress downwards on the lever blade if its an issue.

I've got a topic somewhere from when I did mine, only cut the bottom off and it was fine!

Here you go boy http://www.trials-fo...age__hl__+crack

Thanks Dave, I noticed that part was already ground of when I got the brake, I also noticed there was two cracks that he did not tell me about, so they went off quickly.

I think it should have less chances braking now as I have done this. I'm really exited to ride it tonight :)

here it is http://instagr.am/p/JxveXIoG-0/

Hey Tom what happened to dual disc on my lovely old Zhi frame? :P

haha, well I just wanted to see what maggie is like. and it is paying off now :D

You wont believe how much more bite it has

Edited by F.N.G