Home Made Bike Stand. I Created A Monster!

Carlperkins

Ok so the other week I decided I would make my own bike stand. Just so I can work on my bike a little easier etc,

its not finished yet, still painting the bike clamp etc, itll all be working in the next day or two.

Oh and I ended up putting way too much effort in haha

basically it cost..

£3 - scrap

£3 - buffing wheel

£1.20 - grinding disc

£15 - paint

scrap

IMG_1821.jpg

an old chip pan

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

base of a little red wagon haha

IMG_1834.jpg

my welds

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

the end product..

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

now working on designing a matching truing stand.

let me know what you think guys

looks pretty awesome mate :) you could sell these would save people money on buying the expensive park tools etc ones

Edit: just add a extra clamp to hold the bike off the floor and your sorted.

Edited by koxx1

Ahhh, thanks, makes so much more sense now aha!

Have you ever welded before? If not thas a really good first timer.. MIG, MAG, MMA, SPOT? Which one?

Very unlikely it's spot as that's primarily used on sheet metal and MIG/MAG are the same thing!

Does look really smart though :) Seems like a well thought out job. If you've got the time, skills and equipment definitely worth doing. Saying that I bought a Pedros work stand: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13795 14 years ago and it's still as good as the day I bought it! So they may seem expensive to start but certainly worth the money.

Its a mig welder i used. And yeah its my first time welding, ive done quite a bit of soldering etc in the past, and thought welding would be really hard but it was pretty easy to be fair, they were abit uglier before i cleaned them up but im really happy at how clean they look.

Its a mig welder i used. And yeah its my first time welding, ive done quite a bit of soldering etc in the past, and thought welding would be really hard but it was pretty easy to be fair, they were abit uglier before i cleaned them up but im really happy at how clean they look.

I loveee MIG obv the funnest. Been doing it since september with college and I must say, I am amazing at it ;)

Edited by Callumm