Inspiredception

Martin Direske

Hi there!

I've been riding these bikes for quite a while now but now I feel the urge to share them as I'm quite happy with them :)

Inspired Element 24"/Skye

beidebtjozxf0uv.jpg

Let's start with my secret love:

My good old Element which has gone through all kinds of beating during the last year: I Got it as a framekit straight from John@Inspired exactly one year ago. It had TV-appearance, was used in multiple shows, videos and commercials which is why I just can't give it away :)

I figured, since I just got the skye, there is no need to have two bikes for the same purpose, so I decided to finally build a brakeless rig as this idea kept staying in my mind for months now :) I've never had this much fun on urban spots - actually I've been riding it MUCH more than the skye lately even though the Element is brakeless for like 3 months now, so I think its not just a "phase" I'm in, plus I'm quite creative on it which will definitely be part of our new video :)

16x1s205vib.jpg

Parts:

Frame: Element 24"

Forks: Element

Headset: Cane Creek

Stem: BBB 70mm*35°

Bars: Inspired

Grips: Trialtech foam

Cranks: RaceFace Northshore DH ISIS

BB: Gigapipe

Pedals: Inspired (MG1 in some pics)

Seating: Inspired

Chain: Some random mix of K810 and regular chains :P

Tensioner: Rohloff

Frontwheel: Grossmann hub (sealed bearings) + Spank Stiffy rim + Kenda Kiniption

Backwheel: Trialtech hub + Trialtech 108EP 16T freewheel + Spank Stiffy rim + Kenda Kiniption

No brakes + 22:16 + 108EPs + 35° stem + uncut fork/spacers= joy :P

22egla3t8s4.jpg

3lt9ys158wu.jpg

Then we got the skye which is pretty much stock except from the marked/fat parts below:

Parts:

Frame: Skye 24"

Forks: Skye

Headset: Hope

Stem: Hope 90mm*10°

Bars: Inspired Highriser

Grips: Trialtech foam

Cranks: Truvativ Holzfeller

BB: Howitzer

Pedals: MG1 (Inspired in the pics)

Seating: Inspired

Chain: K810 Koolchain

Tensioner: Rohloff

Frontwheel: Hope Evo hub+Atomlab Pimp rim+Schwalbe Tabletop

Backwheel: Hope Evo hub+ 16T sprocket+ Atomlab Pimp rim+ Maxxis Holyroller

Brakes: Hope Tech 180mm front/rear

4sndhb5rwgf.jpg

On top of that I got the pefect car for almost every occasion lol:

2.0 VW Passat 35i B-4 Variant

6us0t4bqvm5.jpg

passatjz7e3wdlgo.jpg

Edited by Martin Direske
  • Like 4

Those kenda tyres look quite interesting. Are they quite heavy/inch resistant?

make that, are they quite pinch resistent?

Well I got them for years now but never had a suitable bike for them to run on :P

I didn't pinch flat them yet, but what's way more annoying is the fact that they just don't grip.. it's ok when riding under dry conditions but in case there is just a small spot of wetness you can actually stop riding since its safer to simply walk instead of riding your bike :P

What's cool is that they actually have no rolling resistance, plus they make funny squek sounds on concrete when doing 180° etc. which is quite remarkable :P

haha this photo was taken during our last trial jam, I just fitted my entire bed into this car since the bikes were safe inside the hall including like 100 other trialers. So I decided i would get the best sleep when not sharing a room with 10 other people but sleeping in my car :D

Well, the Skye mostly is for demos and ocassions in which I need a reliable bike. It suits me perfectly since I'm not that tall and its just like 990mm long. I used to struggle with the brakes since I've been running V-Brakes for almost all my life. But now I like the Hopes quite much since they never gave up on me and provide enough power.

The weight, though, is quite ridiculous.. It takes a few weeks to get along with it lol.

Everyone who wanted to test it in the past told me it feels weird compared to other bikes but once you've got it it's a great bike!

The only thing that died so far was the Howitzer BB which started making noises after just a few weeks.. I consider going back to a regular crankset/bb soon :)

P.S.:

I managed to put my bikes in a chronological order which turned out to be quite difficult lol:

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showpost.php?p=9501550&postcount=890

Have fun!

Martin