The Car Thread

MadManMike

Need a bit of advice! 

I've got some chrome plastic wheel inserts but its peeling. Does anyone know How I can respray them? I don't know the procedure to spray Chrome. I'm just trying to get the car into good enough condition to sell it. 

I would love to get some new one but Lexus wanted to £35 each I need 7 peices. 

Any help would be great!

Cheers

s-l300.jpg.c97821b0ae2f0b152a243f84e66faa2b.jpg

To be honest 35 quid a piece is cheap in comparison to chroming them. Personally I'd just get a silver aerosol and spray the lot.

Chrome on plastic is a weird art form, I've not found anyone to do it yet, and all the chrome aerosols I've ever tried are awful. Wilkos cheap cheerful was the best, but even then it wasn't great...

• Like 1

Afaik you can get decent results with Spaz Stix Mirror chrome. People use it for lexan RC car bodies and scale modelling. But it'll never look like real chrome.

How hard is it to get a good result? No clue
How long will it hold? No clue.

I was trying to work out with someone at work whats left to do on binky.

I think that episode marks most of the interior fabrication work as done, boot/fuel system done, doors done, suspension done, frontend done, rads done.

But with those guys you never know as they go off on a tangent spending 6 months on a hvac system.

Inlet/Exhaust next?

IIRC the bulk of the exhaust is complete, though I can't remember if they've got a full downpipe section squared away yet (in fact, have they even completely figured out engine placement/similar?)

Given the time taken focussing on the small details in each component, I don't think it's worth the time trying to figure out what's left in terms of getting it functional as we all know they won't stop at that level :lol:

Had a smashing weekend at Rockingham this weekend with the owners club. Here's a video of my "best" lap, managing to keep a few off my tail. I was, for the most part, being overtaken frequently, so it was nice to keep them off for a while :)