The Car Thread

MadManMike

Luke - my rear panels were replaced and resprayed, so any bolt-on parts will be the same colour as they're recently sprayed too.

And yeah Danny I'll check, but to be honest, they're just thin bits of metal so any bodge will be obvious.

• Like 1

36437216_10160477526925587_3183965423821

36478594_10160477527320587_4843222680243

36434359_10160477527490587_3843618588841

36444393_10160477528180587_9623398813993

Today.

New front bumper, both doors, both wings, both light covers and bonnet swapped from mint donor car.

Tomorrow we're going back to have the rear bumper, then I'm meeting someone to swap bootlids.

The value of my car has increased by about £600 today.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Danny said:

All for free mike? You owe that dude some beer!

No, not for free, but I got it all for £100 including brand new weatherstrips on the door (Which are £48 for the pair usually!)

Stuff left to do:

• Fix the wings on properly. This requires welding, as we need to repair the underneath of the car where they bolt on, as it's just rust at the moment.
  • Buy a Eunos badge, as the Mazda one doesn't look right on there.
  • Paint black stripes all along the bottom of the car, as the wings have them and they technically should be there. When I had my sills done, the guy painted it all red.
  • Grab the rear bumper tonight and fit it.
  • Respray windscreen surround properly and trim off the excess adhesive.
  • Touch up alloy wheel paint, where tyre fitters went mad and wrecked them.

13 hours ago, manuel said:

Is that the same Porsche that nailed the spa f1 record? 

Lol at the carousel.

It is, yeah.  Word re: Carousel.  I was mainly waiting to see how horrific that'd be on the inside-cockpit view, but makes sense that he just nibbled the outer edge of it.  That short-shifting on the way out was quite something too.  all the torque please

Rear bumper fitted.

I now have about a week to get the car in to show and shine at the local region owners club.

I think they'll be amazed at the difference.

Left to do:

1) touch up alloy wheel paint.
2) paint black side strips.
3) fix wings on properly.
4) paint windscreen surround & wipers.
5) paint and fit splitter.
6) attach numberplates.
7) clean and polish!

Heady gasket done...

20180707_143329.thumb.jpg.804afdbf6fe5d1c6040542cfa984ef94.jpg

Been a run around the block and it has a huge air leak somewhere. I don't think the inlet has sealed to the heads so I'll whip it off tomorow and get some RTV round it too.

Casualty - one back where t shirt and shorts didn't meet..

20180707_183919.thumb.jpg.e46d08255258fa578abd2da28bd52264.jpg

18 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

Heady gasket done...

Been a run around the block and it has a huge air leak somewhere. I don't think the inlet has sealed to the heads so I'll whip it off tomorow and get some RTV round it too.

Found it...

Took the inlet off and decided to do it right so took the carb off to get to all the bolts torqued properly and in order.

Noticed when I'd took the carb off there was 2 vacuum take off blanking bullets that were bone dry and cracked - found the leak...

Replaced with folded over rubber hose filled with rtv paste. New hoses throughout too and it's great. Runs like a beauty and goes like a train. Sounds fantastic too! Don't think it's ever been right so it's a pleasant surprise!

• Like 1