The Car Thread

MadManMike

After being sent the wrong final drive three times I’ve finally happened upon an OEM 5.1 final drive for my Coupe. Should shorten things up nicely! Hopefully find the shorter 4th 5th and 6th gears I’m looking for in time too. Hoping for a weekend to remove and split the gearbox to add both the final drive and those gears. 

Found a spare hour this afternoon and got most of the sound deadening knocked out of it. Next job has arrived now so it’s been pushed back up to the top of the yard again until I get another moment to work on it. 

03EA5258-9B64-4183-9B6D-1D72E8D7243A.thumb.jpeg.df3c67b6083a7635f9ffeeb6c3d9eac1.jpeg

EEEAC1F4-C11B-4861-A958-DE938A97EA4C.thumb.jpeg.29a1360397b74b4284e7bfbd5add19bb.jpeg

Dash out next to access the remainder of the sound deadening/insulation... side cutters and test light/multimeter at the ready to do some loom lightening. 

Edited by SamKidney

Thats some lovely work @Tom Booth if mine is half that glossy then I'll be happy...

I've just sold my T25 Doka which means I now have a cash injection for the Porsche sooner than I expected! I need to get clearing some space for it in the workshop and then the strip down can start so I'm quite excited now. I'll get sorting the electrical and mechanical issues first, these should be fairly simple to sort so it won't be long at all before I'm getting the bodywork sorted :)

On 8/10/2018 at 6:12 PM, Adam@TartyBikes said:

New project...

Should be sub 450kg when done:

lob001.thumb.jpg.f25d07e2d41dc04d16903faadb1be496.jpg

Should be 200bhp when fitted:

lob011.thumb.jpg.8b2f2ca792a9daac66236a74b9e496a8.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

(I have no idea why I can't remove the hyperlink from that photo)

Should be a handful. What kit is that? R1 engine?

I'm pushing the cooling system on the Fairlane to try and highlight any problems, just drove back from Notts like an absolute maniac to try and get the water temp up, lap belts, bench seat, 17" steering wheel with 6 turns lock to lock and a vague steering box made it.. interesting. It still catches me off guard how fast the bloody thing is, it's by no means supercar quick, were talking golf gti kinda stuff, but for a 55 year old 2 tonne boat and a 3 speed auto it gets out it's own way nicely.

Are you still swapping it for that other mahoosive tank? 

I got myself a MOMO Corse steering wheel and boss for the Porsche as well as a stack of other parts are accumulating in a heap ready for when I make a space in my workshop for the Porsche to live. I've been a bit switched off from cars for the past few years but suddenly I feel pretty excited to get stuck in and crack on, that will probably last all of 5 minutes once it's in pieces and I realise how shit it is again

Well, as far as I know yes, but the guy put it for sale last week publicly.. I'm not too bothered either way as there's loads stuff I'd love to do to the Fairlane.

Spoke to the guy since and he said he's just put it for sale on the off chance someone wants to buy it, if not it is mine (Not sure what to make of it to be honest, seems abit odd all together)..

On 18/08/2018 at 8:58 AM, Tom Booth said:

Well, as far as I know yes, but the guy put it for sale last week publicly.. I'm not too bothered either way as there's loads stuff I'd love to do to the Fairlane.

Spoke to the guy since and he said he's just put it for sale on the off chance someone wants to buy it, if not it is mine (Not sure what to make of it to be honest, seems abit odd all together)..

Dick move, I'd be steering well clear of him. 

• Like 2