The Car Thread

MadManMike

I'm pretty excited writing this, i'm picking this up Friday after viewing it last night and falling in love with it. 

Specs are:

Facelift model
3.0 6 cylinder engine (265bhp)
Red leather interior (just incase you missed it)
Sat nav with TV
Xenons

It drove so well and I can't wait to have a fairly fast car for summer. I had an MX-5 last year for summer which was just amazing with the roof down but it needed a bit more oompf, figured 120bhp more might cover it.

It needs some scratches polishing out but other than that it's in excellent condition.

I know the leather won't be for everyone but I genuinely love it.

Plans are: 
not to f**king turbo it.

needs a new gear knob

Thanks 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 7

Quite a stunning car you have. Anyone out here owns pickup truck? I do have a Ford F-150 that I'm planning to modify into an off-road capable vehicle but I need references to be certain with my plan. I already have a set of helo wheels but haven't decided yet which tires should I install it with. 

Edited by blazeblue

So after looking after a Touran for 6 months, I'll now be looking after a Clio 182 for 18 months which will be a slightly more interesting time :) Apart from the usual wear and tear items is there anything in particular that I should keep keeping my eyes peeled/ears open for? I want to keep it in good condition for when it is returned to the owner as even though I'm doing him a favour storing it and keeping it running, he is also doing me one as It means I don't need to buy another car for a while!

Excellent car to look after, I would say make sure the timing belt and dephaser have been done as if that goes it's bye bye engine. Seen so many go, they have to be done correctly too with the Renault tools (non Renault ones bend and throw the timing out) 

Other than that, just normal car stuff really. Head gaskets are safe, electrics are nowhere near as bad as people make out. 

Been my most reliable car I've owned whilst it was na 

Liking the Z3 and Z4 at the moment... like a slightly less mincy MX-5 with a bit of power and comfort. Enjoy Dan!

In Lobster news, nearly finished making the manifold:

mani.thumb.jpg.d1c2bb8a13f008b61b9d9f580e3371a6.jpg

And it currently weighs 309kg like this:

weight.thumb.jpg.bcd54d6daa438d4ed888a04a007949e9.jpg

Have estimated the stuff still to go on weighs about 80kg, which if it hits around 200bhp would put it in Veyron bhp/ton territory but geared to only half the top speed :lol:

• Like 4

Ace. Don't forget your scissors! You all good apart from the new toy? What happened with the Clio F4rt?

It's a Westfield with a Honda Fireblade CBR1000 engine. Should be 400kg / 200bhp when done, more stuff here if you are interested! https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/130867-the-lobster-88-se-rebuild/

Yeah sacked Facebook off, was spending too much time there. We need another TF track day sometime :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Ace. Don't forget your scissors! You all good apart from the new toy? What happened with the Clio F4rt?

It's a Westfield with a Honda Fireblade CBR1000 engine. Should be 400kg / 200bhp when done, more stuff here if you are interested! https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/130867-the-lobster-88-se-rebuild/

Yeah sacked Facebook off, was spending too much time there. We need another TF track day sometime :D

I'm game now I have an appropriate car!!

Westy sounds fun, Adam! Shame you're putting a bike engine in though ;) 

Have been following the build over on WSCC Ads, coming together really nicely. Exhaust it looking great and (pretty much) equal length should help things along a tad too - epic attention to detail as we've all come to expect from you. Have you managed to sort out your hispec issues now?