The Car Thread

MadManMike

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

BwwwaaaAAAARRRPPP! :D

Been beavering away on Mr Poo over the last few weeks... It's all gone a bit Mad Max :unsure:

20201103_090309.thumb.jpg.8c7364c62156fde8b84da5301e242b8c.jpg

20201103_174102.thumb.jpg.a1b89018b90d86bc6d6839e52b94f509.jpg

That's incredible! It weighs almost the same as my MK! :o

Probably not road legal though... lol

1 hour ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Haha, yeah it is a lot lighter than expected.

Technically it still has an MOT, so if I put the lights and horn back on...

How're you getting on with the Duratec dude?

You should totally try it... :D 

The 2.5 is great! Such a torquey motor, it just pulls in every gear! I actually took it for a quick spin one lunch time this week - probably the first time in over a month thanks to the shocking weather we've had. It put a big smile on my face again :D 

• Like 2

That looks great fun, Ads! Are you planning on refitting much in the way of bodywork (for aero, rather than roadworthiness) or just enough to make it slippery and full-munter? Some simple lightweight panels just to redirect flow smoothly around the otherwise messy regions seems sensible?

@Wrayvon, glad to hear you're enjoying things too man!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrayvon said:

This thread needs more pics :rolleyes: B)

ZpPvPHXH4bx5227xJUuC4MB4u4O3vMPg6vYhkGK2tVi4Xeo0W0teRjnUOmzeBWUKHjAwWjjudL0Qvni8X_McGP4aiGarz6WAmaI2T4OKD7igjB3AR0RDt1EtYls03gPh6pKTWBS8aIPtzyJQE-wta62yhzA0hz9nELSRWDVzL9rv8D5Koqr8oacmhAQ3_-R5z3VkPs2t0tu3JkR1JSu1W08d52hfa9oPAM4_4e8Mqb4Gk3pX2EIFPrUbmXF3RiiUNinRvs_v1RNn_QF4OgUmqdCqHKdu20z-1TZnOtEIUctwSEHRTUW3TuU6QNWnVyZnbauWvR80xVnQ0BsMpnNMdzvss8xA0I82iVArQnM7SvdhMocz2rFTSZVdrw9eDC_V5G23lzqODuVw3puYHN0-EroQuCBTPby4jK9TkwWHjfICEfEEE-xxWo8xrHWlNgopcigfxUEcFnK8kF26PgSxa8j3lyGeNtAcx9sdj1vMsz5BkFYLi52-YycJviZ5DjaV0IOpInNgfNFUk_filFEQzaZVplS-UVVjw9Kppd-Z6nRqfTjwM0-mohjIkqu4f2uxvcdH1B2IFGUl1Vxk7j4YG7vTY-WYkUNTf9AZxE9WaEabPys_cCs6wNS_4m9JCldZwo8JbYMez-iWyjxbaYo9Op_EsvX1eqS9D6VkREvQ2AvYg8ueLIoWubsHsTzSV_s=w1410-h1057-no?authuser=0

It does, but yours isn't showing (at least for me) :(

Here are a couple of mine to help things along. After accidentally buying a TT about a month ago and removing the engine from it, I finally dropped my engine into a car after it sat gathering muchos muchos dust in the garage for a year!

Bit of faffing about with gearboxes as I was originally going to put it in the Leon (2wd) and had the box (complete with LSD etc) all mounted up, but now going to give this faux-wheel-drive lark a try, so off with that, standard 4wd box on in its place. It'll probably eat itself, but I'll replace with another stock one if/when it does since they're cheap and then start to look at options. DSG is almost appealing...

Added some extra heat shielding to the lines/bulkhead since there'll now be a bigger turbo and exhaust closer to it all. Not a big fan of the blingy gold but it was knocking about so it went on.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Not fully wired/plumbed in yet, and some fab work to do yet (downpipe mainly, nothing huge) but it's progress so I'll take it!

• Like 3

On 11/6/2020 at 1:42 PM, Luke Rainbird said:

That looks great fun, Ads! Are you planning on refitting much in the way of bodywork (for aero, rather than roadworthiness) or just enough to make it slippery and full-munter? Some simple lightweight panels just to redirect flow smoothly around the otherwise messy regions seems sensible?

I wanted to leave it body-less, but then checked some more TDO's T&Cs more carefully and I think it'll be borderline, and not worth the hassle. So the regular bodywork is back on and I've spent the last few days in a YouTube 'race car aerodynamics' black hole, mostly in the hands of Kyle.Engineers, who used to be at Merc F1 apparently: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3tzzP6n5b1EWcMUpiEhXg. Aero is something I've never really bothered with before so it's nice to learn something new! I figure even though the car will be heavier, it will still be ugly as hell and overall faster than no bodywork.

How much left to do on the TT Luke? What sort of spec is that engine that's going in? Looks like it'll be fun for some road blasting!

Good call on the tyres Sam, far too many people stick 888s or similar on kit cars for the road, then wonder why their cars are scary in the cold and damp :rolleyes:

And because this thread still needs things to look at (this is obviously pre bodywork fitting)...

• Like 2