The Car Thread

MadManMike

To which one, and why? lol (Or are both shite?)

I've found a 1.8 Zetec Westfield today which is just under £7k, looks very good for the money, certainly better than both of those I posted. Just waiting for a reply from the owner.

Robin Hood. Look at the front suspension setup. Just no.

The Westy on eBay looks decent for about 6k. The old narrow body, live axle cars with a period engine on carbs have a lot of charm and personality.

Link to other one?

Are you a member on WSCC? Mega bargains like this randomly crop up, so you have to check frequently: https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/143915-2001-westfield-seiw-21l-pinto-now-sold/

I'm not a member on any forums yet, just the Strictly Kitcar group on FB. That one you linked to looked decent, leaves me a few quid to tart it up a bit too. I've seen a few bargains in the months I've been looking, but typically now I have the cash to buy they've all vanished - I guess fewer get sold in the summer months anyway.

Hopefully this link works:

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1158142111366755/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

Still haven't heard back from the chap selling it, hoping I can get up there tomorrow for a nose around it.

I think that one was on Facebook, or maybe eBay - either way, I contacted him and he didn't reply...

It's been surprisingly difficult to buy one so far, I think a lot are reluctant / wife-forced sales which is why they don't reply.

This is the one I'm going to see and hopefully buy on Saturday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9IDEItRpm4

• Like 1

Another outing! Nearly two years since we’ve been back to Cadwell. Had a mad rush getting these three ready for the day, all performed superbly. 08A60484-AF83-4F0D-94BD-31DEA7D19178.thumb.jpeg.de082207bcefa5043477cee57f9dedf6.jpeg

89C87C55-D99C-44F2-A60A-74D9F9A7EDC0.thumb.jpeg.cc4fb86ded7a194e0d188cbd7a30ba20.jpeg

C3FD3D54-005D-4E47-8604-D9E54A132E58.thumb.jpeg.1be2e8ae1e9b82e5ee1caafc7bbb80c9.jpeg

DC2 is phenomenal at the minute. With an eyeballed alignment it managed a 1:41.8 in the afternoon. I say “it” because it definitely humours my driving :lol:

• Like 3

On 16/01/2018 at 11:19 AM, Tom Booth said:

Just ordered a new front beam for the Fairlane compromising of...

4pot 11"vented discs, rack and pinion steering, new hubs with 2" lowered spindles, tubular top an bottom control arms, proper air bag perches and shocks. Gotta wait around 8 weeks for the batch to build up then shipping from the states but it'll be worth the wait!

Gonna try and buy Granada rear discs and calipers so I can swap them all over at once. Tempted to use a wilwood pedal box so then I can fit a clutch pedal at the same time for the manual conversion that'll be coming next winter!

Just going back over some stuff on the forum from a few years back, nostalgic moment I guess.

All this stuff turned up about a year after I posted that, work was so busy at the time I never did anything with it, put the pallet ontop of my spray booth and forgot about it :lol:

Its still there..

In other car news, work van needs to become a family wagon for the arrival of our first infant in September. Spent the weekend cleaning out the caddy, removed the panel that bridges the load floor to the bulkhead, thus revealing the same floor as a VW touran. Tacked in the brackets for the 2nd row of seats and installed them to get the rear mounts lined up, a friend who's much better at welding is stitching them in for me Wednesday.

Ordered eibach -60mm springs, rear axle flip kit, side windows, all the boarding I'll need to make it a relatively nice place to be in the back and 10m of 4way stretch carpet.

Hoping to get the bumpers painted in the next few weeks, stick some nice wheels on and make a nice workhorse/family bus.

With the seats in I can still fit a full sized jukebox in the back, it's awesome.

20210612-153555.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

In other car news, work van needs to become a family wagon for the arrival of our first infant in September. Spent the weekend cleaning out the caddy, removed the panel that bridges the load floor to the bulkhead, thus revealing the same floor as a VW touran. Tacked in the brackets for the 2nd row of seats and installed them to get the rear mounts lined up, a friend who's much better at welding is stitching them in for me Wednesday.

Ordered eibach -60mm springs, rear axle flip kit, side windows, all the boarding I'll need to make it a relatively nice place to be in the back and 10m of 4way stretch carpet.

Hoping to get the bumpers painted in the next few weeks, stick some nice wheels on and make a nice workhorse/family bus.

With the seats in I can still fit a full sized jukebox in the back, it's awesome.

20210612-153555.jpg

Love how it goes from "needs to be a family wagon" straight into lowering it and sticking some wheels on :lol:

10 hours ago, ben_travis said:

My hopes have been shattered that you are not in fact Kurt Cobain* living an alternative life thriving on TF!

*Hoping my assumption of your profile pic being him is correct...

'tis not Kurt, it's a D'n'B DJ / producer from back in the day, called Klute!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klute_(musician)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MadManMike said:

'tis not Kurt, it's a D'n'B DJ / producer from back in the day, called Klute!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klute_(musician)

Fair enough, though dreams have still been shattered

It's like the time I realised that Adam at Tartybikes wasn't an avatar of himself hopping to rear or that Mark W isn't a little bird with a beret and a paintbrush.

• Like 4

330266E9-DB40-4D4E-AE11-D233557A710E.thumb.jpeg.a9aa659268b391a2238f3aa5cfcfdb89.jpeg

A little over a month ago I bought potentially the most unreliable car I’ve ever owned and I love it. It’s incredibly good as a vehicle to access adventure here in BC. Threw a north shore bike rack on the back, found some rocking horse shit oem roof bars and building a camping kitchen/drawers/bed platform this week.

I’ve done a bunch of work to it so far, some just because and some necessary. Put a lower temp thermostat on to keep her cool, exhaust manifold gaskets, new shocks, pulled the sagging headliner and painted it, fixed an xyz switch transmission problem, coolant hose, power steering hoses, fixed the sunroof leaks and standard service items.

I’m planning on giving the brakes a refresh and have a new tie rod/drag link to go on to tighten up the front end, might eventually put some slightly larger tires on but trying to get it to be in good standard working order. 

• Like 1