MadManMike

The Car Thread

26110 posts in this topic

Dear God no.

To which one, and why? lol (Or are both shite?)

I've found a 1.8 Zetec Westfield today which is just under £7k, looks very good for the money, certainly better than both of those I posted. Just waiting for a reply from the owner.

Robin Hood. Look at the front suspension setup. Just no.

The Westy on eBay looks decent for about 6k. The old narrow body, live axle cars with a period engine on carbs have a lot of charm and personality.

Link to other one?

Are you a member on WSCC? Mega bargains like this randomly crop up, so you have to check frequently: https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/143915-2001-westfield-seiw-21l-pinto-now-sold/

I'm not a member on any forums yet, just the Strictly Kitcar group on FB. That one you linked to looked decent, leaves me a few quid to tart it up a bit too. I've seen a few bargains in the months I've been looking, but typically now I have the cash to buy they've all vanished - I guess fewer get sold in the summer months anyway.

Hopefully this link works:

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1158142111366755/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

Still haven't heard back from the chap selling it, hoping I can get up there tomorrow for a nose around it.

Balls, just noticed that was in Staverton too, really not that far from me!

I'm going to see a Tiger Cat E1 on Saturday, I have breakdown cover and insurance in place already (Which I can cancel on the day, if it's a shed).

It looks and sounds great, so fingers crossed it's all good!

I think that one was on Facebook, or maybe eBay - either way, I contacted him and he didn't reply...

It's been surprisingly difficult to buy one so far, I think a lot are reluctant / wife-forced sales which is why they don't reply.

This is the one I'm going to see and hopefully buy on Saturday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9IDEItRpm4

1 person likes this

Another outing! Nearly two years since we’ve been back to Cadwell. Had a mad rush getting these three ready for the day, all performed superbly. 08A60484-AF83-4F0D-94BD-31DEA7D19178.thumb.jpeg.de082207bcefa5043477cee57f9dedf6.jpeg

89C87C55-D99C-44F2-A60A-74D9F9A7EDC0.thumb.jpeg.cc4fb86ded7a194e0d188cbd7a30ba20.jpeg

C3FD3D54-005D-4E47-8604-D9E54A132E58.thumb.jpeg.1be2e8ae1e9b82e5ee1caafc7bbb80c9.jpeg

DC2 is phenomenal at the minute. With an eyeballed alignment it managed a 1:41.8 in the afternoon. I say “it” because it definitely humours my driving :lol:

1 person likes this

I bought it!

tiger.jpg

4 people like this