The Car Thread

MadManMike

Peoples thoughts on me getting a Seat Leon 1.8 gti(?). Basically a workmate crashed it in the snow, into a roundabout and took a hefty chunk of alloy off his wheels. I havent seen it but got talking to him about it last night, and i think id be able to get it for 350 its done 80k full electrics inside, 6cd changer manual blahhhh.

The collision was on snow doing about 20mph and he lost it and hit a roundabout.

If its worth doing i will probably fix it and then insure it maybe.

I asked him to get some pics tonight and ill post them up here to see what you have to think.

It would be a cupra, no such thing as a GTi Leon.

If you're getting it for £350 it's most likely totally f**ked. All the ones I've been looking at have been £1,500+ (And the lower end of the scale haven't been that tidy).

It would be a cupra, no such thing as a GTi Leon.

If you're getting it for £350 it's most likely totally f**ked. All the ones I've been looking at have been £1,500+ (And the lower end of the scale haven't been that tidy).

cupra leon? Basically its the 1.8 turbo so which ever one that is, the one with more square oblong headlights. i have no idea i have only seen it parked up a few time, never really thought about looking into them really.

Yer thats my thoughts too, the guys an alcoholic so wouldn't surprise me if i can get it for less. Ill have to bring a mechanic with me when going to take a butchers.

If the wheels and tyres are long gone thats no problem i have some spare 18's at my mums, hitting a curb at 20, what other damage would occur more than likely?

As long as the chassis legs aren't bent, you should be able to repair it reasonably cheaply (depending on if he hit anything like the radiator or AC system, or if it was literally just the wheel). Potentially could be a good deal if you can get it for less than £350. Worst case, you would probably be looking at only a few hundred to fix it (unless there's bodywork damage.

Gotta admit I always preferred the DC2's but mainly cause I don't like the feel of the V-tec in the K20's.
After some good news this last week I'm setting my sights back on getting myself a runabout in a few months time, at the moment I can't decide what to do but I'd like either a DC2, EK or EF Civic or possibly a caddy pickup. Next few months will reveal what I can afford but I'm already running through mods in my head.

EDIT: I also remember when japperformanceparts had 2 datsun/nissan pickups for sale. One with an sr20det and one with the standard carb'd 1.3 but with a few exterior mods and I fell in love. Wouldn't mind something oldschool like that.

He said he's seen what you want to do to Hondas not what you've done to Honda's. I'm guessing thats based on those "vtec just kicked in yo" videos you posted.

*For the record, I'm no vtec hater, I actually love them but the best thing to do to them isn't stick a silly slash cut jap can on it *

^ Not a fan.

Old skool VW Caddy for the win, not G-Unit chrome re-yums.

Holy shit, it's probably the most amazing car of 2012, nothing g-unit about it.

nigel.jpg

Only recent picture i can find, Speedhunters nominated for builder of the year along side some CRAZY builders, and he does it in his garage at home.

Everything is custom, like, everything. The wheels are also some of the rarest, lightest and strongest that japan has to offer, just because they chrome doesn't make them bad. ;)

If you're interested, check out the build posts here;

http://engineeredtoslide.com/garage/ets-drift-ute/

Not a fan. The bike in the background looks interesting though. KTM turned cafe racer?

Engineered to slide complete with a downforce inducing faux diffuser?...

Diffusers proven to make lock to lock much quicker. Some guy tried with, and without, and the different is noticeable even from watching, he's on other lock while other guy is just coming out of other lock.

Not sure i'd question his skills though when he clearly know's what he doing? :S