The Car Thread

MadManMike

Rally cars being on a Q doesn't necessarily mean they're a replica. Remember Q's used to often get thrown at imports, reshells and stolen-recovered cars, not just kit cars. Plus there's plenty of rally cars out there that were built by the preperation company using a brand new, not yet registered shell, meaning they end up Q-plated (if the parts used aren't all new). I know in this case you know it's a replica, I'm just saying the plate's not necessarily a give away.

Lovely selection of car there, there's something oddly cool about a 912, just because it's not a 911 I guess! haha. (Still take a 914/6 over any other Porsche though personally)

Rally cars being on a Q doesn't necessarily mean they're a replica. Remember Q's used to often get thrown at imports, reshells and stolen-recovered cars, not just kit cars. Plus there's plenty of rally cars out there that were built by the preperation company using a brand new, not yet registered shell, meaning they end up Q-plated (if the parts used aren't all new). I know in this case you know it's a replica, I'm just saying the plate's not necessarily a give away.

Lovely selection of car there, there's something oddly cool about a 912, just because it's not a 911 I guess! haha. (Still take a 914/6 over any other Porsche though personally)

Didn't know all of that, thought Q plates were for kit and unregistered imports. Hadn't really thought of rally cars!

Yeah I preferred the 912s over the 911s that were there, mainly because that were in better condition!

Basically I got banned for calling Prawn a spiderfanny, expecting the C bomb to be edited out to fanny but obviously TF mods have never thought of that insult and it slipped through the net unedited which resulted in a 5 day ban and ANOTHER warning point (9 of which are over 2 years old).

Sorry if anybody was offended at me calling Prawn a fanny...

My week has been full of so much win and so much fail; I will write a re-cap later because it is pretty funny for your viewing pleasure. But in short I am a huge retard and my car now has launch control and many bhp.

Edited by Pashley26
  • Like 2

I GOTS BARGAIN RIMS, YO! :D :D

Managed to get a set of Audi alloys, pretty much mint with almost new tyres on for £87!

If there's any local VW / Audi heads on here, check out Angmering Volkswagen and Audi Breakers - tons of old bits 'n' bobs there including some real gems. MK1 Golfs, old Caddy's etc.

Pics of wheels to follow

• Like 3

What size? And more importantly, what style?

Well in both areas I think there will be hate, but I like them and that's all that counts :P

They're 15" Audi Pepperpots. I had 15's on previously so the size is OK. I reckon they'll look good when they're a little more tucked away under the arch. Might get some spacers too.

Yeah the old ones made me go sideways twice (Once at 60mph which was MEGA sketchy). Wheelspins out of junctions were standard practice, without flooring it!

These wheels are pretty much mint and all tyres have 4-5mm tread - it was about an hour and half drive home and it felt so nice to not be skidding around constantly. Did very well for £87, they seem to be £150 plus on eBay in worse condition than these.

I'm sure Jardo will have some kind of superiority rant to post up, but I got mega cheap wheels that are IMO very nice and I stand a much better chance of not dying now.

• Like 1