The Car Thread

MadManMike

I did about the same for Santa Pod, Tom. It was completely washed out, got ABSOLUTELY soaked, and covered in mud. Shame really, because there were a lot of nice cars there. Really struggled to get out of the car park too, and I was parked in the "better" car park!

5603_10151504002686052_543405403_n.jpg

Paul, here are the pictures as promised. If you want anymore, let me know and I'll pop down and take some.

post-482-0-20034200-1363537289_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-44996500-1363537303_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-37104400-1363537319_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-82257400-1363537332_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-50633200-1363537345_thumb.jpg

How the heck did you get out of that?

Cheers for the photos dude! Thats rather yummy, infact it looks like just what I want :)

Anybody want my 2004 Saab 9-3? £1500 and its yours

EDIT: Flux want £165 fully comp (year upfront) for me to be insured on that 944! next cheapest is £400.... hell yes

Edited by CurtisRider

I got out of it very very very slowly, and with mud flying everywhere! My car now looks like its competed in some kind of off-road challenge :P

Does look like its in very good nick, I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed 32k I saw on the clocks (it was either 32 or 82...doesn't look like 82k's worth of wear though).

Happy to make enquiries on your behalf if you so wish, or can just wait 'til you get back. It's been sat there a month or so, so I should think you could get a fairly good price on it.

£165 for a year, or £165 on top of what you're paying now? Either way, thats cheap! What engine are they? Don't know much about the old Porsches, just know that the new Porsche owners get pissed off with me :P

Ha ha, I'm impressed you got out by youself. Thanks for ther offer but I may give the guy a ring shortly, see what the deal is and get some info. My main issue now is I need to shift my Saab in order to gain the Porsche, but I can't be without a car right now. Oh and i need to convince Sarah that it is a sensible decision to buy a 28 year old car... she hasnt complained about the rotten 40 year old camper van so there is hope!

That qoute was for the whole year, compared to £650 for my Saab (with mods declared). The one near you is a 2.5 n/a, only 150/60bhp as standard but i'm not really after one for the speed, just love the look :)

Edited by CurtisRider

Ah, so it is! Bit naughty that its SORN'd and parked there, its a railway carpark, so is technically a public road!

Seems 32k was what I saw then :) Still, 2.5L in something that can't weigh particuarly much will still be great fun I'm sure! Good idea to give the guy a ring. I'm fairly sure he's an old guy, most of the people along that road are 50+

As a side note, your insurance is shit, I pay less than that for mine! :o

Fill it and flock it...easy :P

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liftmaster-Multifunction-Entry-Profile-Trolley/dp/B002QO3W7Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1363540202&sr=8-6

Anybody got any reviews on these? Looking for a low entry trolley jack, seeing as I have to drive onto 2 bits of 2" x 4" everytime I want to work on my car, its getting very tiresome!

Liftmaster seem quite cheap, but seem to be getting quite a good hold of the market. that model has 24 reviews of an average of 4 stars...but the ones that bring it down were both stupid reviews that didn't make any sense to give the 1 and 3 stars they did.

I particuarly like the idea of a swivel handle, it means it can be jacked up in tigher spaces if needs be. It also has a light up pad, but that doesn't bother me, I don't work in the dark :P

Drove nearly 2 hours for 25 minutes in the rain/snow. Good day. I love your a4 Dan

You should have hung around and followed me about Tom! See me trying to keep up with Bessell's Evo!? Haha.

We had a look at big Tesco in Kingston to see if anyone went there, but then found a few at the MK Dons stadium, and then everyone else went to Halfords down the road from the Network Rail building!

Was a pretty good meet though, despite the police ruining it. :rolleyes:

You seemed very un impressed by my manic waving mr Booth.

Where abouts man? Sorry if I didn't see or wave, had abit of a barney with the missus on the way, lol.

Yeah the drift team seemed pretty alright, I think one of them had been illegally cornering on the way as police were all over him. The dick in that Lexus put me off thou. Did you see the starlet get beached on the speedbumps? Haha