The Car Thread

MadManMike

If the meet happens after Easter time, my family have two static caravans on a lake I can always ask if we can use for the weekend. Also has water skiing if anyone fancys that!
Gold mine. I recon we should aim or at least 6weeks + for a date, I've got a load of stuff on at the minute so It gives folks time to plan/get time off etc.

Attacked my interior trim with some fake suede and spray adhesive!

3651_10152668510615317_225744999_n.jpg

Bit rough in places, but for a first attempt I'm quite happy! Took ages as I had to remove the door cards, glovebox, and trim under the steering column to rescue all the stupid clips that hold the trim on!
f**king hate clips.

99.99% certain they aren't GTI door cards. I think they are Driver door cards.

GTI door cards of that design had a central red stripe rather than grey.

100% wrong, they're from the rainbow 90 spec/'88 Campaign trim, the ones you posted are '88 spec tartan or Recaro trim cards, there's also a blue/yellow version of the same cards, just red or blue thin stripes, fat stripes in 2 colours, leather, blue cards with grey stripes... They did a few GTI interiors ;)

Anyway, they look to be 5 door cards, probably fetch £10-20 on eBay if you've only got the 2 :)

Just to make my loser levels of VW knowledge even slightly interesting, not everyone will have seen the Fire & Ice edition interior -

3608114006_4de64ea410_z.jpg

:ermm:

Edited by Jolfa
  • Like 1

No, its not.

Seamons is being a dick, as usual.

My cas has a very basic VVT unit to aid in cold starting, otherwise it is totally redundant. Early 1.8t's didn't have this feature, I just need to have the deletion mapped in. Seeing as my car is healthy and as it should be there is no need for it.

The EML is telling me that the cam top position has not been met; if it was an issue it would be in limp mode. Obviously.

Edited by Pashley26