The Car Thread

MadManMike

Unless someone offered me the money and arranged a date and time to collect the car, then I'd just do whatever the f**k I wanted with it.

If it was THAT rare, someone would snap it up straight away

Edited by King C

Well a trip to audi today and purchased myself a brand new a3 2.0 tdi s-line as my new daily get it next week or week after has sucked big time with no car the past 2 weeks. Almost went with an m3 cracking deal on just now with 0 percent finance but with having 6 points £3000 to insure :(.Also seen these cars today on my travels so nice and the lotus sounds immense would love to own 1 in the next year or 2.

F041D653-5A3E-42AE-92A7-E2E4875116B3-857

AA3E1FC7-C791-4FA1-8899-1E000B5BE1F2-857

24 hours have passed, car is still awesome:

CE909DC7-3588-4CBE-AF9E-6115940A1698-129

Goes OK too, although it's not easy changing gear and filming, even when you are on an airfield.

Well a trip to audi today and purchased myself a brand new a3 2.0 tdi s-line as my new daily

Why did you get rid of the Golf mate? insurance? Would it not make more sense to get something used rather than all these brand new cars?

Golf was costing me an arm and a leg to be honest the guts of 900-1k a month between some finance and still had the loan from previous car and petrol wasn't far off £10 a day I let it go to clear everything and start a fresh.

This is the first brand new car I have bought mate all my other cars have been 2nd hand just fancied something cheap for the mean time no mots and warranty for piece of mind. Points will be off my license next year so will see what I can afford then definetly need a track toy though something I have always wanted to do.

My mate is building an almost fully carbon body nova at the moment will be putting out over 500bhp when finished can't wait to get a spin in it.

Your car is looking sweet though and seems to pull well also must be fun in the wet haha.

I don't get this; I don't get this at all.

I get people doing the same as you all day, coming into work telling me that they want to "buy a new car to save money."

Just the very nature of that sentence pisses me off, none of it makes sense at all.

If you want to save money then why didn't you buy a cheaper second hand car? Because you didn't want a second hand car, you wanted a new Audi A3. Or did you? Where does the money saving element come into your decision to buy a new car?

Edited by Pashley26

Because the new A3 will have lower monthly payments, lower fuel costs and lower insurance costs than the Golf, so will cost less per month?

Crazy way of living IMO, but I can see the logic behind it. I look at total costs, not monthly costs. Just depends who you are really!

This is the first brand new car I have bought mate all my other cars have been 2nd hand

Your car is looking sweet though and seems to pull well also must be fun in the wet haha.

Ah that's cool man, just you seemt to have a string of nice fancy cars, and I was thinking if money is the issue when maybe a cash sale / Personal loan on a 10k used car could make more sense than 25k of finance on a newun. Still, so long as you're happy, that's what matters :)

Fun is one word for the A3 in the wet, another word you could use would be 'useless' :lol: or 'dangerous'

I don't get this; I don't get this at all.

I get people doing the same as you all day, coming into work telling me that they want to "buy a new car to save money."

Just the very nature of that sentence pisses me off, none of it makes sense at all.

If you want to save money then why didn't you buy a cheaper second hand car? Because you didn't want a second hand car, you wanted a new Audi A3. Or did you? Where does the money saving element come into your decision to buy a new car?

Where did I mention that I wanted to save money? I said I went with the audi cause it was cheap. £340 a month vs £1k a month.

"Golf was costing me an arm and a leg to be honest the guts of 900-1k a month between some finance and still had the loan from previous car and petrol wasn't far off £10 a day I let it go to clear everything and start a fresh."

There. That was the only reason I could see for getting rid of what was quite a nice car.

Where did I mention that I wanted to save money? I said I went with the audi cause it was cheap. £340 a month vs £1k a month.

And I'm guessing by the contrasting sentence quoted above the saving of money was the deciding factor behind the A3.

Surely a new A3 is more expensive than a used Golf R? You must have added to your debt?

-

*A TDI S-Line 2.0 A3 is a £27,000 car. I call f**king full on bullshit; I don't believe it for a second. What he is saying just doesn't add up at all, his Golf R could only have traded in for 20 to 22 at a total push, he's got to have added between 5 and 7 to his debt or to his finance amount.

Bear with me guys, this is what I do for a living. My job is to sell new cars, and I KNOW this guy could not have traded in his Golf R and come out with a new 8V A3 2.0TDI S-Line and be paying less. He's lost money somewhere, whether he sees it or not is his loss. But it just doesn't work like that.

Edited by Pashley26

Yeh I said I got shot cause it was costing a fortune nothing to do with wanting to save money was just to clear everything and start a fresh. And as u can see it made alot of sense and was costing me less for a brand new car than the golf.

Well I didn't add to any exsiting debt the golf was more 2nd hand than a brand new a3 with the spec it had. And didn't add to any exsiting debt I managed to clear everything I was owe money to and still have some pocket change left.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.Anyone fancy a cup of tea?

Haha always seems to be the same with him u post anything and he has a good rant about it.

If you really must know I got £23k for the golf.

And that was it being bought from a dealer

It's perfectly feasible really. For example, I could sell my Leon, get a loan and buy a newer car as well as paying off my current loan and both credit cards - that could decrease my monthly payments.

I'm not going to, but I could.

It's perfectly feasible really. For example, I could sell my Leon, get a loan and buy a newer car as well as paying off my current loan and both credit cards - that could decrease my monthly payments.

I'm not going to, but I could.

Exactly my point least some1 is able to see some sense.

Don't get why I am even entertaining you your always quick to jump to conclusions and call bull shit on everyone when they post something they know more about than you.

It is feasible; if you got what the loan and two credit cards have on them, and what you have put into the Leon, and a car which was cheap enough to cost less than all of those payment.

But what you've done there isn't "save money" you've consolidated it into one payment from one account and probably spread it over a longer term. IF you owe £4000 you owe £4000 and that's how much you'll pay; whichever way you look at it. You can "pay less" by financing it in a different way but you've still got the same outlay.

-

Working at £340 a month and a 36 month agreement you must be on a PCP deal, and the GMFV must be somewhere in the region of £15,000? Which almost balances out the car cost without putting in a deposit but not the 6% interest rate, so that would give a total financed amount of around £28,000/29,000.

Now I haven't got a clue what the dealer should have given for you for the R because I've never priced one, but 23K seems like a f**king immense shout especially since it was remapped which would have invalidated any warranty they could have sold the vehicle with. Unless you didn't tell them? Almost unbelievably good, hats off if it's true.

I bet your outstanding balance on the R was less than what you on paper owe for the A3. It's got to be?

Exactly my point least some1 is able to see some sense.

Don't get why I am even entertaining you your always quick to jump to conclusions and call bull shit on everyone when they post something they know more about than you.

LOL, if you knew more about it than me as you'd like to think you wouldn't have bought a new car.

What do you do for a living?

:wink:

Hardly shit stirring; I'm doing you guys a favour and sorting the bullshit from the decent posts.

I help loads of people, constantly. It was only two pages ago I was telling you why a leaking slave cylinder would cause clutch slip. So back in your box compadre.

Oh, and just to add...I was right in the first place, and the guy has proved it himself. So alllllll your beys can get off my back because as I originally said, all he's done is sign him up to more finance in a different way. On paper he owes more; just like I said. And that's all I need. :)

Edited by Pashley26

Yeh it's on a pcp deal over 3 years why the monthly payments aren't that much.

£23k is cheap if I had held out I could have got around the £25k for the car it was full loaded with almost every optional extra and is up for sale at £26000 now.

Warranty had run out as the car had hit 3 years old and the remap and modifications were taking off so was no need to make them aware of that with the car it was returned to factory spec and was running like a dream had just passed its mot no problem. And was only sitting on 16000 miles.

And no the balance was around the same finance on the golf was only £17k but I had my loan for my corsa vxr also aswell as loans for other things which I managed to clear the whole lot totalling around £750.

End of the day audi is just a cheap nice run around for the mean time if I can afford to get a brand new car then why not yes I will lose money as u do on any new car but that doesn't bother me. You pay for what u get.