The Car Thread

MadManMike

I'm a jap man, was at japfest on swift owners stand with the white new shape eco car lol, bu having said that this audi is awesome! I just hate the euro dub freaks that aren't what they used to be and get along with anyone, it all seems about money and if you're not running bags you're not cool? Anyone else agree?

I have no lights down one side of my car, but the brake lights work (dual filament bulb) and so do the indicators and inside main beams.

No blown fuses, everything's connected, earths seem fine.

WAT.

No, unfortunately. i've cleaned up all the earths i can find, one definitely upset the inner main beams so i'm guessing there'll be another one tucked out of the way that i've not found yet...

Gonna have dinner and try again, just seems totally bizarre, especially with the brake light still working - it's the same bulb ffs!

In proper Audi news -

New brakes

WP_000524_zpsce8401df.jpg

Painted some things

WP_000525_zps3f3e741c.jpg

And washed it

WP_000528_zps371f88ad.jpg

See attached - a list of f**ks given about Jardo's opinion of my cleaning methods and the end result :)

Next I'm going to attack it with T-Cut to try and get rid of all the marks from mongs in Cornwall who like to exchange paint in car parks and builders who thought setting up a cement mixer 2 feet away from it was a good idea :mellow:

They look really proper...as coasters? They're tiiiiiiiiny.

Have you got any after pictures?

And T Cut? Realllllly.

Also, last but not least....Don't builders usually set themselves up next to skips? I'm hardly surprised its covered in cement dust.

Xxx

Edited by Pashley26

Ha :P

276mm with twin pot calipers (standard kit, the discs and pads are what I fitted there :P )

The proper part was referring to the amount of cylinders and driven wheels ;)

You used the "got any after pics" line last time, up your game.

Yep, T-Cut, it does what it says on the tin!

Not dust, actual splatters of made up cement, had to try really hard not to lose my shit with them, but they were work's builders and my bosses warned me I can't give a f**k about my car before I moved here for reasons such as that :(

...You should see the unmitigated disasters they drive, they're something else, even by my standards!

Edited by Jolfa

I know the Leon wiper conversion is a mixture of parts. I'm fairly sure you also need the below part if you still want to be able to use the rear washer jet:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-1-SEAT-LEON-CUPRA-REAR-WIPER-ARM-WASHER-COVER-CAP-6Y0-955-435-/121110822107

There used to be a seller on ebay that sold the conversion all together for about £20 but it looks like they don't do it any more. I looked through my buying history and am fairly sure it was this seller I got mine from last year - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/hootiemcboob1969

• Like 1

Ticcy is correct, the Fabia estate has the washer jet on the bootlid. I too bought a kit with everything in it, but I also had a look, and can't find it :(

If you google "leon fabia rear wiper conversion", it will give you a list of part numbers you need. Don't pay any more than £20 though.

• Like 1

You guys might be quite interested to know I have just done a bit of a deal with my friend who does all the work on my A3, basically he took out a unit the other week and has gone self employed.

We have come to a bit of an agreement where by I do valets and cleans for his service customers at his unit every Thursday.

I have got two lined up for this Thursday, a 12 plate A4 S-Line avant and an Alfo Mito, and potentially one for next Thursday already in the pipe line.

So if anybody is local to Launceston and wants some Jardo-loving done to their pride and joy then let me know. I should be able to have a fairly good setup there so should be able to do a good job.

Exciting stuff!

:)

• Like 1

Yeah man, things are going really well for him.

There is a selfish element that sees his unit as a place to work and get work done in a nicer area.

But I hugely want this to work for him, he is far too good to be working to the bone as he does only to fill someone elses bank account.

• Like 1