The Car Thread

MadManMike

Exactly, I thought that was the case. I knew his was tuned by them, but was pretty sure he had never had anything personally done!

I'll look into them for stage 2, although I know they have pretty epic waiting lists from what I've heard (although that makes sense seeing as they are considered to be the best!)

Don't be disappointed for me, I'm thrilled with how it drives haha!

IMAG0309.jpg

I've never seen such a rusty focus. Thankfully it only cost me £400.

I'm wondering how to best disguise/treat the rust without spending loads of time on such a cheap car. Would a dodgy paint match be better than a black strip around the edges? Suggestions please.

Managed to blow a fuse installing my headunit, which stopped the car from starting.

Replaced the fuse tonight and it works, however the CD player won't power up - it accepts / ejects CD's but that's it. I guess I need a live feed from ignition or something?

Got a dude coming round tomorrow to sort it as I'm fecking useless with cars.

Head units only require a permanent live (to remember time and radio presets), a switched live (so that it turns off when you take our key out) and an earth.

The rest will be outputs for speakers

Edited by King C

Well I just plugged in the two plugs that were in the car already, into the headunit. No additional loose wires or anything...

Like I say it's clearly powered as it does some stuff, but it won't turn on. Googling it earlier came up with what I said in my last post, whether that's right or not I don't know - car electrics baffle me.

Lost my only key for my car. Fffffffffuuuuuu......

Wonder how much this is going to cost?!

Sort of waiting for the variation on this theme to happen to me - I have only one means of getting into my car, namely the actual fob. The key itself gives no f**ks about unlocking anything or doing anything other than working in my ignition, so if the fob decides to be a twat I'm pretty much shit out of luck.

You don't need to know about cars to know about people ;)

True true.

But you need to know the person to pass comment on them, otherwise you are ill-informed. So forgive me for not taking too much notice or offense to what somebody who doesn't know me off an internet forum has to say about me.

That seems ironic, but OK.

Cool man, as long as it's ok by you ;)

TF is so dull these days, how come there are no page long rants at each other and nobody to get super shitty with you for everything you say. Seems odd.

Thankfully I can't see whatever you have posted on my phone, it just says [posted image]. I'd be more than happy fot you to explain why I was being a brown nose though, seeing as I told Seamons he should have gone to R Tech weeks ago, I can't see how there is anything in this thread which could bring you to that conclusion. Unless you took a bump to the head last night?

Edited by Pashley26

Wow, now I remember why I spend so much time on here, it's so grown up!

Cool man, as long as it's ok by you ;)

TF is so dull these days, how come there are no page long rants at each other and nobody to get super shitty with you for everything you say. Seems odd.

I guess there aren't those things because everyone knew what you were like before you went on hiatus and they just can't be f**ked. Maybe people grew and stopped caring... It just gets so so tiresome Jardo.

I'm gonna hazard a guess because you turned a post with no relation to R-Tech into an appraisal of the company?

I also have one key, but some days it works from a hundred feet, other days it likes to be inside the car before it'll consider activating the central locking!