The Car Thread

MadManMike

It's got a miltek catback, running decat! Just asked previous owner now - had never really looked into figures for the engine before, as they're no use to me as I'll never get insured on the thing!

So, 250 standard. Map and exhaust work might push you 280/5 - then the rest is dyno lottery like you say! The 250 standard figure from Audi however, is a wheel figure - so throw in your losses too for the engine figure, and we might be getting close!

Lowered 15mm on the rear, with adustable arms obviously to straighten things back out - running -1.5 front and rear. For a hairdressers car, it feels VERY well planted on the road, and handles like a dream!

Map and an exhaust would be 260/265 if you are lucky. The figures are hugely out, as well as the 250 (which is actually 247) is anengine hp not a whp.

With a map, decat and miltek it won't be more than 265 flywheel. Bearing in mind it is Haldex as well I would be expecting 220/230WHP.

1490kg car without the driver, gives 150bh/t.

Edited by Pashley26

As j-rod says really. These don't make 270 just with cams in, cams. exhaust, induction setup, map, and you will usually see 260-265ish, 270 maybe on a good one. So 290 on a bullshit dyno like AMD.

One thing J-rod: your miles off on the whp estimate. 270bhp at the crank will typically get you just 200 atw, so even a worked 3.2 will be sub 200 atw

Radical post warning - not a french FWD hatchback :ermm: After 5 weeks in the paint shop, the M3 is ready. Should be ready in 2 weeks. Still need some fabrication, gear lever, hydro handbrake, dash and other small nonsense. Can't wait. It's going to be a f**king monster with that weight and a 4.45 final drive.

zdjcie0028g.jpg

Haven't seen the car yet, just got sent this pic a few days ago. This is the colour it should be in:

P1060484.jpg

Just quickly back to the question from T comp whatever.

You wouldn't stand a chance getting a Mikalor clamp onto the inlet, it is literally impossible to get the standard clamp on there. Let alone one which is a half inch wide. Personally I would forget about it and leave it.

Prawn, my girlfriend and myself have driven our cars with the TIP clamp either not on, or flapping about for years. It is under negative pressure, so as long as your mum doesn't get under the bonnet and smash the TIP about it won't fall off.

I doubt you'd be able to get the lock wire in there to be honest, it's SUCH a tight space you'd never do a good job IMO. The problem is that the outlet has no ridge or flange on it, as well as it only being about half an inch long. It's a spastic design.

lolz, superglue. :bow:

Except the intake's not at 800deg, or clamping the rubber hose would be pretty irrelevant when it melted, along with the aluminium compressor housing it's clamped to. Super-glue's tough stuff, it's also pretty damn cheep, and most people have some lying around, no harm in trying.

• Like 1

Decided on where i'm taking my car to be remapped next week.

RS tuning in Leeds, meant to have the best proven gains for my engine thus far, 1.8 TDCi. Their last run saw this.

115bhp, 184 ft/lb taken to 146bhp, 262 ft/lb

Apparently that wasn't with any other mods. Mines been de-catted, has a cheapy cone filter aswell as all the inlet been cleaned out spotlessly and EGR blanked. It's a proper custom map, should hope so for £400!

Not sure of the time, I did hear, but I can't remember for the life of me, I was pretty out of it all day thanks to celebrating the end of uni several nights in a row. :lol:

We didn't get there until 1pm, thanks to the aforementioned hangover, so probably would have missed you anyway by the sound of it. To be honest I didn't pay it much attention beyond going 'Hey, that's Jardo's works car!'. I'm sure it's nice and all, but there was plenty of much more exotic stuff of there that I was busy drooling over. :lol:

What e-mail address do you want me to send the photo to? the one on your facebook?

Edited by RobinJI