The Car Thread

MadManMike

Got a bit of interest in my BM against this -

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/183770-1996-mk1-mx5.html#post2165176

5284d6f4-70e6-9fb6.jpg

5284d7c4-70ff-3652.jpg

5284d555-7114-0777.jpg

5284d5ae-7129-d8c1.jpg

5284d6f4-715b-f499.jpg

I want one now! And the even better news is that for the first time ever I can just go and buy and don't have to care about selling or swaping my own car or how much it is to insure or whatever lol

Yeah, I PM'd him asking if he was interested in the BM and he said he was. He withdrew it from DW because he doesn't drift or want a drift shed in PX.

Offered him the BM and £600. Waiting for him to get back to me. :)

Might have a cheeky bid on this too - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-MAZDA-MX-5-EUNOS-V-SPEC-/200811737483?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2ec14ff18b#ht_1207wt_881

Edited by Pashley26

I'm really not sure you'll get on with an MX-5 as a daily Jardo. They're bloody good cars, but as a daily they're not really ideal, reliable as hell, but you can't really move a bike with them, you can't take more than 1 passenger, and even 1's a struggle if they're tall or a bit round. I also think you'll find it way too slow, you're a bit too "Poowwwaaaarrrrr" orientated to put up with it if you ask me. Everything you've owned recently bar the BMW's had a lot more power/weight, and you've done nothing but complain about the BMW's slowness!

That said, if you do get one, they're lovely cars, and a whole heap of fun, I still miss mine but I just couldn't do it as an only (working) car, it just wasn't usable enough.

I know Robin, but if I don't like it I'll just sell it on. If I do like it I'll just sell it on. Either way, nothing is long term for me lol!

Going to ring this guy in the morning, only 3 miles away!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261086389036?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&clk_rvr_id=381078537586#ht_1420wt_907

Doubt it, the linkages shouldn't get that tight. If anything, they're too loose. I'll give it a go though. What do you mean by the focus reference? The box is a 6 speed Getrag 420G off a BMW V8.

ah right if its a bmw box chekc the oil, its either low or old an too viscous.

What's the cut wire Rich? Something 4wd related?

quattros have a diff lock button, which does exactly that, however as standard it switches itself off when you go over 15mph. Cut that wire and it stays locked until you switch it off :D

Vac solenoids arrived, still ran in limp mode:(

Caved and took it to the local Vauxhall dealer as im mega busy fitting my mums new kitchen and need my car ready for tuesday when i go back to uni. It ended up being a broken wire somewhere (I'll find out when i go collect the car), glad I got them to look at it now as I would have probably never found it!

Bumpers sprayed and lacquered, colour match is questionable.... But what did I expect getting it from halfords? Bit of a bummer but no doubt Itll need spraying yet again soon anyway haha!

That was sweet. Gutted that I can't go to Crail (where that was filmed) on Sunday for the Ford day. However the normal drift track there is just a figure of 8, so it's a little boring.

In other insignificant car news, my flatmate's mum won the lottery, so he now owns an S-Class. Why can't I be so lucky!

f**ks sake, went to collect the car and it's not fixed. It was sluggish as hell and the code bounced up within seconds of leaving the forecourt. Apparently it was fine on the test drive... Yeah right :( this is really pissing me off now, I just want a fudging working car! Instead I have a car that sounds even more like a tractor, is as fast as a tractor and has a completely off coloured bumper.

f**k.

Been looking at a few MX5's; I think I'm going to wait out until the next one comes in at work. Unless something really good comes up.

I'm kicking myself a bit because about 4 months ago a really really nice Mk1 SE came in PX and we threw it at auction and it made £900; I could have bought it for £1150.

Deffo want one though.

Just been on Swapz; been offered this as a straight swap - http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/2963457/mk1_mx5_drift_spec_bucket_seat_coilies_full_s_s_etc_/

Has anybody been on Swapz? It's my new fav thing!

Edited by Pashley26

Jardo, with regards to that MX-5: The body-kit's hideous, without any photos of it, it's likely the roll bar is actually a 'style bar' i.e. it'll do sod all if you do actually end up rubber side up, it's just there to look pretty, it'll drive like arse on those 'coilover sleves' and no doubt has standard shocks, seriously, that's about the worst suspension set-up I can imagine on an mx-5, momo wheel's standard on them at that age, they just have a padded cover over it, pop it off and there's even a momo horn push under there, headunit appears to be ripspeed, and seiously, a DVD player in an MX-5? it's not a lexus! those spoilers's aren't overly rare, a front strut-brace does sod all on mx-5's, they're double wishbone, the front tower location's far from sensitive, LSD's standard on imports and god knows what mess is hiding under those sideskirts!

In otherwords, you'd be much better off looking for a standard one. I really wouldn't swap your BMW for that.

• Like 1