The Car Thread

MadManMike

Gotta agree about VW shows, same goes for Minis, but to an even bigger extent. 1 VW show each season's interesting, but any more and you're just looking at the same cars again. It's all about multi-marque shows, I need the variation or I just wander around for a couple of hours, have a good look at the few interesting well built cars and then wonder why I drove x hours and paid £x for 2 hours entertainment, then hang around bored for the rest of the day so I feel I've got my money/efforts worth. I'm sure it'll all change once I've got something to show off though, haha.

Agree 100% Robin.

I like to look about at the various different marques, and the different styles of modding. Just makes for a more interesting day than when your looking at 100 different (even though the majority have the same wheels, airbags and stretched tyres) ways of modifying the same car.

Why the change though dude? Guessing it's work/annual mileage related?
Prawn already said but I will answer... There is no point in having a car if I'm in a different country, I really like this car though so will be sad whenever it goes!

Tonight I fitted the new MAF, seeing as I was changing the MAF i chucked a new air filter in as well. When I started the car the Traction Control Light was still jammed on but after restarting the engine the light disappeared and the car felt great during a quick hoon around the ring road. I had to go on an XC ride but I have nothing planned tomorrow night so will take it for a longer drive and give it a proper test, I doubt it will happen but fingers crossed for no more warning lights!

I'm looking forward to the Forge Action day at Castle Combe on Saturday, I think Mr Seamons should come along :- (Although it is a fecking long drive for him!)

• Like 1

Looking at selling my car but realised the fact that it's ONLY remapped might be putting off a load of people when I come to advertise it as they will think it has been ragged to f**k, which it hasn't (I drive normally slow as can't afford fuel)? Fair enough if it was properly modified as in aesthetically, as it would attract that sort of buyer like with a few other cars I've had, but it's not!

Not sure what to do, I suppose I could get it removed, but then i feel like I've just thrown away alot of money !! Or just not mention it on the ad but that's not ideal lol

Any ideas?

Also I know my dad would see it on the ebay ad and he doesn't know it's been remapped and it's safe to say I think he would scuttle my back vagina into next week if he found out (living under their roof bollocks, etccc)

Reading the last couple of pages has depressed me...

I paid £2,495 for my 03 Leon and it seems you all think I could have got a better one for the same price or less :(

sounds like a dealer price to me? Dealers will always be high, but saying that, Ticcy paid similar for an 04 plate mint cupra with top spec from a semi dealer-esque chap.

Preface lift cupras start from £1200 really. non cupras even less!

Mine is a 2004 53 plate facelift 1.8T Cupra. Air con, full electric leather, cruise control, electric folding tear drop mirrors, clean body work and had 96000 miles on the clock when I bought it. After some shit haggling I got it for £2550 and the guy let me have brand new front and rear discs/pads to fit at a later date because the MOT had an advisory saying the brakes are starting to show signs of wear. It was due a service and has since had approx £150 of engine sensors fail but I'm still amazed at how much car I got for the money! I was lucky to find a car that was only 40 minutes drive from me and 5 minutes from Mr Prawn the 1.8T encyclopaedia :P

The photo Prawn posted on the last page is a still from this video:

Everybody knows we are scared to leave Norfolk, leave it out! :P

I paid £4k for a 1 owner MINT (literally not a mark on it) FSH, fully taxed, fully MOT'd A3. I travelled 400 miles in total between looking at it and driving it away. So neeeerrrrrrr :P

The fact I crushed it 2 years later after destroying the "mint" car I once had is besides the point, haha.