The Car Thread

MadManMike

I think I can, but there are slight differences between the two (fuel pump relay/ battery fuse/clocks/ABS-clocks intergration etc). I am going to completely strip the loom from the Golf so I can transplant anything I need to from one to another. I'd rather spend a few hours now labelling it up just in case I do need to chop and change anything.

Fitted my new N/S inner rack end and investigated the cause of the squealing I was getting from my O/S front wheel. Both sorted and finally got it tracked up properly. Two new tyres on the rear, a new fuel filter and air filter, cleaned up my distributor and banged some new plugs in while I was at it. Car feels much happier now, just had an ace drive home over the tops. Big smiles. 

Need to get some front and rear camber arms to dial in some more positive camber on the rear, and look at getting some decent coilovers on to replace these cheapo one. Should transform it. 

Just a quick one...might go and look at this golf tomorrow. I know you can't tell from the advert if its any good but was wondering if the price looked about right?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-volkswagen-golf-1-9-tdi-match-5dr-telford-fpa-201512179526095?utm_source=Email_a_Friend&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email_a_friend_car

Edited by David

It's good 2nd screen filler while sifting through emails. The more I delve into endurance stuff, the more appealing it is as both a viewer and something I'd like to do. Been doing some longer iRacing stuff the past couple of weeks, and it's far more exciting than I expected (even though my team have had shocking results each time).

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Increasingly finding I don't really give a shit about any single seater stuff but have a lot more interest in different types of sportscar racing.

Worth checking out that video for Mike Rockenfeller's crash.  f**k me.  (At about 35:50 for those interested)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark W said:

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Increasingly finding I don't really give a shit about any single seater stuff but have a lot more interest in different types of sportscar racing.

Worth checking out that video for Mike Rockenfeller's crash.  f**k me.  (At about 35:50 for those interested)

In the name of productivity, I'm now watching this:

I take it you mean you've been to Le Mans?  If so, whereabouts were you lurking?  I'd always thought of it as a pretty boring track in a way as it came across to me like a long straight with some corners to get you from the end of it back to the start of it, but I've had that opinion changed over the past year or two.  Footage from the N24 makes it look pretty nuts too, although I'm not sure I could handle 24hrs of it :P

3 times. Normally camp in Bleu Sud or Nord. I've been to every part of the track you can spectate from and some that you can't. You need a radio to listen to the commentary, and a few beers along with your mates to pass the time.

The track isn't boring for the part you can spectate from, there's so much overtaking everywhere because of the different classes, and you get to see all of it because the you have a whole day to do it.

And if your sneaky then you can find spots like this, about 10 feet from the cars at nearly 200mph, peering through the armco...

Not sure what to expect from N24, but thought it could be fun.

• Like 3

I went last year for the first time, camped near the Porsche curves but travelled around a lot. You're not there only for the racing, but the experience. It was awesome and I'm hoping to go again this year but it's around the wife's 30th. 

Absolutely 100% get a radio to keep up with it all though.

I had a trip down to Le Mans in roughly 2004 when I was much younger. Can't remember much except I enjoyed it a lot. We somehow managed to get into the main pit grand stand but I never had a ticket. Mostly we were around that part of the track, I can remember being amazed by it at night. 

Had a brilliant drive out today. Just went out an about seeing what roads I could find and stumbled on one out of the other side of Otley heading towards Summerbridge. 

The car feels fantastic, it's dying for more power. Itching to get my 1600 done now. 

Good stuff. Is it worth coming your way for some decent road driving Sam?

Had a good drive out with @Mark W last night too. Being dark and pissing it down was certainly a good way to learn about the new car and revised setup I'd done a few hours earlier!

Interestingly I didnt at any point think 'I could do with more power'... But that might have been the conditions / lack of visibility!