The Car Thread

MadManMike

Get a genuine Vw kit. The old waterpumps have a plastic propeller that falls off wereas the newer kits have a metal propeller that doesn't suck. Loved my 6n2 polo, really awesome.

Ah yeah thats a good point. Ill try to get a quote on a full kit tomorrow and get it put on asap! I quite like the way it drives as well :)

So, I had a little mishap...

Basically, for those in the know, will another tyre go on this (at least just for winter) or is it new wheel time? As you can see the lip has decided not to be a part of the wheel any more, but it doesn't seem like that would actually be holding the bead on...

post-497-0-80252700-1348818344_thumb.jpg

(obviously I'd clean up the serrated edge with a bit of dremel fun first)

...and the nice hole I made...

post-497-0-34876700-1348818362_thumb.jpg

Edited by JD™

Pretty sure it's 'split' but I need to check it out - that'd be awesome because like for like replacements are tough to come by and expensive by the looks of it. I don't really want to put anything else on it either because it's got the rest of the AC Schnitzer stuff on it.

Note to self: Don't hit curbs at speed.

They should be genuine, because it's a Schnitzer car so unless someone has done this before and replaced them with reps it should be cool. But, when I didn't really know what it was I asked my old man (previous owner, but not the one who had the kit fitted) if they were split and he said he didn't think they were... Ultimately I can't check from here but I've got some time tonight to rip the tyre off and see what's occurring.

Any decent places you know of to get a rim if that's the case Jardo? Because I'd probably rather do that if it's possible than wait around for a decent 2nd hand job - can't see any about at the moment.

Edited by JD™

If they are genuine then they are Type 3 Racing and do split.

http://www.ac-schnitzer.co.uk/bmw_wheels.htm

Ac stopped making them a while ago, so doubt there will be much luck direct. Somebody on WheelWhores would know.

I would personally just throw a rep on it. Prawn/I/my missus/many friends have had reps for years and for road use they are fine.

Cheers, I've got my eye on a set on eBay which would save me the job of refurbing them which I was going to do wheel by wheel this winter anyway! Although if I do buy a new set I'll refurb the old ones before I sell them to make my money back anyway...

now then fellas, replaced the wheels on my mondeo due to the stupid cost of tyres and after smashing one in a crash. so I have 3 of these, with tyres on. these are the 18" ronal alloys made for the mondeo zetec s

6F095F90-C26D-4C49-A162-63627ED42B11-1935-0000025EB0452E57.jpg

am looking for 100 quid for the 3, or 40 each. obviously pick up would be better than courier. if you car boys know anyone who would want them, drop me a pm and I'll send my mobile number on. pointless putting these in the for sale section cos its not a trials bike part lol

dan

Edited by bing