The Car Thread

MadManMike

Rallysprint training coming up on Sunday, yay :D Then 2 weeks later a massive competition. Car has almost all issues solved, still need to order the swirl pot and install it before the comp.

How does one establish how big the swirl pot should be? Surely 1L will be plenty? If I understand correctly, the only time the fuel level drops in the swirl pot is when I'd usually experience fuel starvation?

On that basis even 0,5L would be enough unless I want to drive around with only enough fuel to cover a special stage. Ordered this one, it's 1L.

OBPJICS23_600.jpg

Going to install braided fuel lines inside the car, after a recent mishap where a fuel line burst (thankfully on a cold car) I don't want them anywhere near the exhaust. Looking forward to this :)

Because we're on te road so much with work they throw hire cars at us left right and centre. Currently sat at Gordano services having a quick munch before a careers fair. Then either into Brizzle or Exeter for some munch before home tonight. Joys.

Car was decent enough on the drive up but that's only M5 dullness, so be interesting to see what it's like being driven a little more of a spirited fashion :P

If you're wanting to take the twistys south of Bristol, this little bit of road's pretty awesome, although disappointingly short, still, not too far off route if you can be arsed. I ended up on it trying to find a customers house in the middle of nowhere out there and was impressed.

I think I might be siding with getting the Scirocco sorted. The way I see it, totally removing my self from any experience of fun cars is probably going to be detrimental towards getting my Mini done, and wont be good for keeping some passion for work, plus it gives me something to test products on, which I'd quite like to do. It's like if I decided I wanted a yacht, then the best way to get motivated to hurry up and save would be to regularly get out in a cheap dingy, to remind myself what I was aiming for, not avoid water all together. That's my excuse for not being sensible anyway!

Uh oh, what happened dude?!

As for me finding lanes, cheers for the suggestions lads. Weather took a turn for the worse and I was fairly late back so I stuck to roads I know like the back of my hand near home and the car came into its own. Really good fun when you get the chance to open it up a bit! :)

Yeah, was just me in it luckily - cut my leg and my arm's got a massive lump on it, think i bounced my chest off the wheel too given how much my ribs hurt! Watched my fire extinguisher get launched a good 50 metres down the road from the passenger seat when the doors opened, f**king glad that wasn't my mrs!

We're gonna try and straighten it out this week, definitely getting seatbelts and a roll bar/ cage asap though.

Other factors, think the kingpin on the off side might have given out thus making for some fun steering. Wish it was through driving like a wanker so i could just hate myself for it, instead i'm just all wtf on the situation.

• Like 1