The Car Thread

MadManMike

LOL now Inur will never know! That took me at least 3mins to write too. I know what you mean though, I can see where you're coming from but that's not what I meant. I think he's just got an ability of making everybody feel like they're his best mate because he's so caring and genuine.

Fair play, get them in the post then baby. Can you post some pics of them on FB so I know what they look like first lol?

to be honest dunc I'd just go for a polo or something, derv 6n2s are awesome little cars for the money. I know there abit everyday but tax on them is cheap, cheap to insure an can be kinda fun. Mine was awesome. Was lowered 60mm so didn't look tooo shit either.

Yeah, I had a 6n polo and it was sweet, sold it for peanuts despite it being a pretty reliable daily Nice and low go-kart feel to it, plus it had no grip at all and could understeer / oversteer all over the place, which was fun. I understand the 1.4 16v is the one to go for, although none of them are particularly rapid.

That's a good shout to be fair. I had been looking at a few 6n Gti's but a friend said they were expensive to insure so I didn't look any further. I think with a set of alloys the 6ns can look quite smart.

I'll get a few insurance quotes and report back.

Well I'm not too fussed about fuel consumption cause work helps me out with fuel. Got a quote which wasnt bad and a gti is £200 more so I might get a gti if one comes up at the right price.

There's nothing immediately local to me atm but it is something I can add to the list of cars to keep an eye out on :)

Edit: passat looks niyce Tom (Y)

Edited by Duncy H

I have just ordered....

5L of satin blue plasti dip.

I've got a friend who's been desperate to Plastidip an entire car for ages, and he started off saying that if I buy the dip he'll do it. But I CBA so I was going to forget about it. He's just said we'll go half on the dip and do it next weekend, so it'll only cost me £50. Get in!

Going the same as this -

For anybody who hasn't seen plastidip before; it's awesome!

My friend has a proper pro spray gun and has been plastidipping interior pieces and roofs/bonnets for ages now and has got really good at it. If it's shit then I'll just peel it off.

Edited by Pashley26

Anybody in the notts/derby area free Thursday night, come down to derby dubs meet. Some good cars on show, cool people an a subway across the road. Round the back of derby county football ground just off the a52. Kicks off about 6.30ish

I'm free, and local, buuuut

1) I don't think it'd be very good

&

2) It'll only make me want a MK2 again if the turnout is good :P