The Car Thread

MadManMike

Yep, basically the chap bought it last year and put it through MOT in April this year. It failed / advised on:

Corroded brake lines and totalled brakes in general.

Emissions, in every sense. Like failed every test.

Engine misfires.

Seatbelt tower thing excessive corrosion.

And a whole list of other, more minor issues.

He's bought a lemon, done the bare minimum to get it through this years MOT and is now moving it on. Luckily I checked all that before going to view...

Speaking of that mot checker, I forgot to check it before buying another old volvo the other day with "51K miles". Turns out the odometer has been broken for quite some time. I only bought it to try and make some money on it but that doesn't help. 

I just picked up a Nissan Terrano, a steal at $800 (worth 2500-4000 once fixed) needs an MOT equiv which is slack as f**k over here, minimal repairs and some road tax.

What I hadn't accounted for was it being diesel and you have to pay a tax on diesel in the form of a mileage allowance, I had underestimated the price of this and it's 12,000km overdue so I need to be aiming to sell it for top dollar to make it worth my while. Whoops!

I'll take some pics when there is some daylight.

It's a Lotus replica, apparently lol.

I don't mind the paint and it can always be blown over...

The rest of the car is a total shed, so it's not of any significance now anyway :)

I've found a nice S Special tonight, looks pretty tidy so I've messaged the seller to see if there's any bubbling / rust anywhere - it's up near Liverpool, so I'd rather know upfront rather than driving all the way up there to find it's rusty.

Updated ecu to new firmware as this one has a working rev meter, coolant temp and fuel pump shut off after prime on ignition. Was promised it would all be okay after I changed a few settings after. Car is now showing no rpm and won't start. A week before f**king mapping. Pulling my hair out because I don't know what the issue is, nor do others. I f**king knew this would happen. Absolutely f**king knew it.