Fort William 9Th & 10Th June

isitafox

Who's making the journey up? I've just sorted so I can go, not sure if it'll be on the Friday or Saturday but I'll definately be riding the Sunday round.

If so where are you staying? I've blagged it so I can stay at a family friends in Oban which means a bit of a drive in the morning but it saves paying for a b+b or campsite.

If anyones interested you can camp at the auction house on the RHS on the access road to the venue.(where they park the cars on the event days) It wasnt to much a night the last two years with the money going to charity. I dont know if it is the same this year but that is where we will be heading for the event with some of the Scottish team. I will be there from Thursday morning.

I will be there with a few people, driving up Wednesday/Thursday and riding Glasgow on the way.

2 years ago we turned up and camped on a field just down the road for £5 a night, hopefully we can do similar this year.

Thanks for posting Dave. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

One week to go before the entry has to close, don't forget to complete yours in advance to ensure your free entry passes to the bigger UCI World Downhill Championship event! Entries can be made on the Events page of our website.

It will be a brilliant trial, with loads of other cycling events going, trade stands etc... There's a great atmosphere and a chance to get on the big stage for the podium!

Not to mention the prize goody-bags being donated by section-sponsor Hope.

Well worth the journey to Fort William!

Edited by BikeTrial Federation

Don't plan to travel to Fort William between Glasgow and Inverness on Saturday 9th June ... plan to travel on Friday and get to the venue early on Saturday morning ...

The Olympic Torch route ... coming right past the road end to the trial ...

9 June 2012 — Glasgow to Inverness...

•7:03am Glasgow (Riverside Museum)

•8:16am Bearsden

•8:42am Clydebank

•9:20am Dumbarton

•9:55am Luss

•10:18am Tarbet

11:17am Crianlarich

•11:35am Tyndrum

•12:41pm Glen Coe

•12:56pm Ballachullish

•1:29pm Fort William

•3:21pm Spean Bridge

•4:13pm Fort Augustus

•4:38pm Invermoriston

•5:08pm Lewiston

•5:14pm Drumnadrochit

•6:11pm Inverness (Glenurquhart Road)

Feleix, We will be camping at the Auction house which is on the access road going into the venue. Cant miss it only road off to the LHS and sign posted, Fiver a night last year I think. Then you can just walk the rest of the way to the venue as there is no parking at the venue. Just need a cheap tent and a ground mat.

There are toilets at the auction house. The car park at the venue is full with all the downhillers and trucks and trade stands, only for those with car passes are allowed passed the Auction house car park Sat/Sun. Trials riders can park at the Auction house and walk down to the venue. Around a 5 min walk. There are courtesy buses running all the time and we did get on with our bikes last year if not to busy. Remember you need to get your passes /wrist bands at the BIKETRIAL (to the RHS of the main entrance) tent outside the entrance before you can get through the gates. Just head for the competitors entrance after you get your pass and not the public entrance ( no waiting) It will be manned from 8.30am. The gathering point last year was over to the right at the tree/log section.

Friday you can usually get down to the main carpark but finding somewhere to park is not easy. It is no where as bad as this sounds and well worth the effort.

Edited by kevind