Fort William 9Th & 10Th June

isitafox

can't beat having a chod on your own trap after days away. it's the best feeling in the world. how was the bike with those tyres dude

Ran one schwalbe up front and had to put the nokian on the back as the other schwalbe kept popping off the rim. Ran them quite soft and bottomed out on LOADS of rocks and never got a pinch, held up quite well on the slippy stuff as well!

Had a great weekend. Wish I had a chance to get round to see some other sections but it was a pleasure to mark everyone at section 6. Great attitude from everyone despite the midges! Good show.

Ah right that was you hiding under that shirt!!

didn't come home injured :)

I did.

Thanks to all who observed and the BTF for organising a great trial, and to Wolfman for lending me his GU on the Saturday :) looking forward to next year already, with the MTB world cup on at the same time it makes an excellent atmospere. Correct me if i'm wrong but im pretty sure i seen TV cameras filming the trials?

Hows your leg doing? And your welcome man. Just glad it got used. Maybe if you had it for the sunday you might of mad the dab ;)

Getting some air to it the now, Dad's been given the task of removing the stiches in 2 weeks time. Your bike would have came in handy on the sunday and i'm surprised i didnt end up doing my leg in with your pedals, i was feart of your monster sized pins.

Getting some air to it the now, Dad's been given the task of removing the stiches in 2 weeks time. Your bike would have came in handy on the sunday and i'm surprised i didnt end up doing my leg in with your pedals, i was feart of your monster sized pins.

I dont regret your da's job. Stinging a wee bit? Hows the head doing? Have you not seen my legs? If that had happened with the GU it would of cut right through your leg!

Glad you all enjoyed it, It was my first British COC and I can now appreciate how hard all those who have done it in the past, have to work to put on something like that event. There is alot of thanks need to go out to alot of people who helped. Those from the trials world know who you are except Barbara who through a horrible cold organised you sorry lot both days and I hope you all said thanks to her and the obsevers especially Lewis Munro who gave up his ride both days to observe section six. Those outwith I will mention. Elliot from the ski centre and his boss for allowing him and the loader to help so much over the four days of setup. The quarry for a driver and the biggest machine ever the week before. It made mince meet of the biggest rocks. The grand stand guys for there wee help the week before. The forestry commission and delivery company for the new very big logs. Mike and Lesley from the organising team for all their help and advice (most I listened to!!). Already planning in my wee brain new stuff for next year if I/we are there next year. Its all about preperation and you know to pack midge nets and Skin so Soft next year. Oh and shin pads for some you know who you are.

Kevin

• Like 2

Was a fun weekend! My first comps in ages, but I really enjoyed it. The Trial was really well put together. Thanks to the observers and organisers!

Shame my knee died on the second day but still got through most of them. It was funny how much harder it was with the rain. Made a huge difference to some sections.

Was also good to meet new and old faces!

Glad everyone enjoyed it!

The results could even be found on http://www.biketrialuk.co.uk/Events.htm

I've just finished a HUGE pile of laundry from Fort William. A lot of really nice tops, sweatshirts etc were left for me at control - thanks everyone!

Now if you want to claim them back, let me know what's yours!!!

And whoever pinched 6 of the midge nets, can we have them back for next year please!

Hope to see you all at Barrow Farm on 1st July.

Barbara

As far as I know, there wasn't anyone specifically filming the trials. There were a few people filming the weekend in general who came and filmed a few sections, so some footage may crop up somewhere - I couldn't tell you where though I'm afraid.

There'll be a full write-up on Tribal Zine on Sunday with a full gallery of photos if that's any consolation?

Its suprising that they didn't have a camera following it, maybe not as much coverage as at the Antwerp World Championships, but Red Bull must have had 5 or 6 cameras covering the downhill alone! so they could have spared one for it! anyway wil defiantly look out for the report on tribalzine cheers :)

Nah the media had no interest in the trials whatsoever other than maybe using some shots of the arena to fill up gaps when/if they do broadcast the coverage.

In fact when the downhill presentation ended on the Sunday it was barely enough time to blink before all the media guys had scarpered.

If we had even a fraction of the kind of backing the downhill had trials would be something completely different, it's unbelievable given the amount of people stood about watching the sections near the podium and behind the grandstand.

Edited by isitafox

did anyone get any video from the comp? looked like a cracking course to, specially up the river bed..

I was hoping to put together a small edit of the action from the trials, captured odd clips between riding sections but just didnt manage near as much footage as i was aiming to get.

I was hoping to put together a small edit of the action from the trials, captured odd clips between riding sections but just didnt manage near as much footage as i was aiming to get.

Stick it together anyways man if you get a chance? I wish i had made it up to with a camera, would defiantly like to come along to one of the more natural trials events and get some footage.