Mini's On The Trials Forum

Tom Booth

Brake pipe ordered! Hopefully finishing work a bit early tomorrow so I can get to the nut n bolt shop and get the nuts and bolts I'm missing from the front suspension.

Does anyone know what size the bushes are in Mini spec Gaz coilovers? Mine are all a bit shot to be honest, so worth replacing whilst it's all apart.

if anyone has a set of metro 4 pots and fancies a set of Fiesta brakes then let me know! I'm looking to upsize again :)

What brake pipe did you need?

I'd contact gaz directly for the bushes. They are pretty cheap at rebuilding failed shocks so i'm sure they would supply them no problem.

Ive got most of the dim-dip system out and the loom unwrapped. Taking crappy electrical tape off a loom which you can barely get to behind a dash is a nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...

It is quite impressive the lack of filler you'd expect to see with a de seam.

I've been driving the mini daily for a while while trying to collect a few bits to finish it off. Today I got some Italian job door cards and rear seats. Other than that I don't think there's much else I need to sell it now. I was possibly think of putting narrower arches on but not sure if its worth it?

• 2 weeks later...

Had two people look today, first one I thought was gunna take it then said it was too expensive. Second one the bleeding thing wouldn't start. Got it going and wouldn't tick over right but run fine. As soon as he left it ran fine....

He liked the bodywork and understood though. Said he was gunna look at one tomorrow and get back to me. Fingers crossed. I've come to the end of my tether driving unreliable things.

That small patch of rust is where the brake pipe union on the top of the radius arm has smashed into the boot floor at both sides.

I noticed while fitting new cones to the rear.

Ive got these

http://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/Brakes/Hoses/C-AJJ4031B.aspx

and

http://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/Suspension/ERA1190.aspx

ready to fit this weekend and will raise the back a bit.

• 1 month later...

Its in the process of being rebuilt but rough spec:

1275 A+ block

Bill Richards Stage 4 head

Weber 45 carb

1.5 roller rockers

Med carbon steel Pushrods

Piper STR930 cam with iSky followers

Omega pistons

MED Vernier duplex

MED alloy timing backplate

MED straight cut 1.09 drop gears