Mini's On The Trials Forum

Tom Booth

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Last i heard it was in storage. But there was all sorts of shit storms kicking off at Tuppers garage (which i think is where it was?)

I'm currently replacing the headlight loom on mine. Should be going for MOT within the next 2 weeks.

• 1 month later...

Dusted mine off today and got to work, entire old loom removed as it was butchered and rough, to be replaced with my own loom. Tank out the boot ready to tidy up and repaint. Really enjoyed working on her again, it's been far too long!

• Like 1

I'm gunning for 2016, I want an MOT on it and that'll happen when it's ready, but I'm not holding my hopes out for this year. There's not much to do in the grand scheme, but I just don't have the spare time :(.

Motor was sound other than a bit smokey and needs a clutch. I have the clutch and it'll be getting new valve guides soon so that should cure those. Getting intercooled this time around too which I'm looking forward to doing. I've got a good condition Laguna I/C to stick on somewhere which should look good, I'm going for a super stealthy install, loadsa blmc green and satin black in the bay so it looks as O.E as a turbo setup can..

Just been out in mine and given it a wash. My dad took it out on a run while I was on my honeymoon and one of the back shocks is now knackered. It was clanging and banging like mad over bumps when I went out tonight. That's twice its eaten a gaz damper on the rear tank side. Luckily I have a spare to put on. Any suggestion why one corner might be killing them? Try arranging a wedding :-p that takes away a year plus of your free time ;-)

• 6 months later...
On Monday, August 12, 2013, Danny said:

What happened to his sprint? that thing was immaculate.

Edit: Owch

DSCF5150.jpg

DSCF5148.jpg

Thread: http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/topic/262609-crash-on-the-strip-at-mitp/page-3

Guys a wizzard

mini.jpg.2d5562f6d27ba200176a43e9da65bfe

And one of my latest back in august, engine in and just being finished off now. 

564dd522279c9_Mymini.thumb.jpg.5d55af810

Edited by Radfax

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 21/04/2015 at 9:22 PM, Tom Booth said:

I'm not married so I still have to earn my garage time

Right, that's changed now so my garage ticket is free and open :lol:

I've been in Cyprus for 10 days just thinking things over and decided this winter is the time for the mini, the yank tank is where I want it untill my new front end and 4 bar setup arrives and I'm really happy with it, got my business to a point where I feel I understand the time it takes from me and what I have spare so feels fair to finally give the mini the time it deserves.

On the parts ordered list is...

New wheel bearing kit for all 4 corners

New bush kit for front and rear, not sure if I'll go to the hassle of fitting it all but the ones fitted have sat for 7 years now.

New cones and gen hilos

Discs, pads, cylinders and shoes

MED lightweight preverto fly, grey diaphragm and rally plate

Pre inertia HI torque starter

Force racing internal shifter kit, my maniflow setup always smacked the shifter housing

New rad hoses

Service kit for the HIF44

About 20m of various width hoses

I've managed to bag some 5x10 minilites from someone in the local club too so I'll be putting some a032rs on there.

On the bench already is...

New harnesses

Wiring harness

Brand new yellow tag MC

Non servo pedal box and Clevis pins

All IC pipework a d 2wd Cossie cooler

Modded plenum to accept IC

Pre verto wok and release assembly

Megajolt and all the ETIS kit, Fenton trigger wheel setup

5l of a new colour..

I'd like to up a set of fusion fabs manifolds and a GT17, but not sure if I'm interested enough yet.

Hoping to get the spare subframe I have powder coated over the next few weeks and get that on some stands so I can rebuild the front end, I'll drop the clutch in and get the motor in at that point, pull the head off and get the valve guides sorted aswell as the new valves recut so I'm off the weird metro turbo sizes. After that I hope to run the new wiring harness, hopefully put together a solid and sensible car this time rarther then try to keep it going. I'm aiming for 140bhp ish, seems a sensible figure for a well built 1293 running mild boost, plus keeps it drivable. The motor has 28cc chambers and 11cc dish pistons if I remember rightly with a CR of mid 8's, I remember it was built to take 20+ pounds of boost, but they just get too undriveable in my opinion unless your after drag numbers.

I'm gonna go for a dry build to start with, get it running and to a few RWYB days uneed the belt and a few track days if I fancy and if all proves successful I'll pull it apart and repaint, rebuild nicely and hopefully just enjoy it then. I still have a mk2 shell in my uncle's barn that he panneled up for me, it kinda just sat there after with a coat of satin black, not sure if I'll rebuild into that and scrap this shell off as it's had it's share of patchwork, who knows. For now though let's get it running again and get some use out of it!

• Like 1