Mini's On The Trials Forum

Tom Booth

Still in the garage, not much changed other then the occasional spurt of interest.

Sudden interest has come from the want to go drag racing really. I did think do something with the Fairlane, but that's just too cool to do anything with, whereas the mini is pretty much ideal for some weekend fun!

Haha nice. It crossed my mind to rebuild mine with a b16 this time round, but I just want to get it going for now with no real hard work so just a slight rebuild will do me.

Cleared the garage last night as it was buried after 2 years of housework and generally living.

20180927_213045.thumb.jpg.a2d3b9189e578d3483b8cc63c94b2088.jpg

Still need to sort my cupboards out down the bottom and get stuff in there but for now it's workable.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 8:11 AM, Tom Booth said:

Haha nice. It crossed my mind to rebuild mine with a b16 this time round, but I just want to get it going for now with no real hard work so just a slight rebuild will do me.

Cleared the garage last night as it was buried after 2 years of housework and generally living.

20180927_213045.thumb.jpg.a2d3b9189e578d3483b8cc63c94b2088.jpg

Still need to sort my cupboards out down the bottom and get stuff in there but for now it's workable.

So... garage sorted at last and the mini has a huge stash of parts ready to go. Really got the bug now. 

Really want a colour change and while it's in the state it's in its prime for it, I have the colour too but dunno if I can be arsed :lol:

• Like 1

Does anyone know the thread size of the angled  brake union on the front subby? The banjo bolt passes through for the drives side flex, just making up a new line to go for the yellow tag master cylinder.

To clarify, I want the fitting size of the in, so the line from mastercylinder to the angled union, where it enters there

@Tom Booth new stuff is massive mish mash.  I bought a new servo master and the fittings are metric, its kind of scary too because UNF fittings screw into metric fine and tighten up but are baggy. I suggest having a handful of each and using whatever fits best.

To be honest I dont know why I bothered, theres nothing wrong with the old fitting so I'm gonna chop it off the old pipe and use it on the new line. I did buy a handful of all sorts though to just be on the safe side.

Plan of attack is..

Get the bulkhead washed, prepped and painted as the turbski obliterated the finish, rebuild the powdercoated subframe and get it on 4 wheels again, drop the motor in with the MED cluth package, bleed brakes and clutch etc and refit some sort of starting/charging loom.

I'm speaking with the guys behind Nodiz at the minute to see what they can do for me, I've read loads of reports on nodiz and how good it is but mostly on pintos and cx20e applications and not a great deal of reports on a series, I know on turbominis they hate the guy but think that's more personal rather then the product.. 

Plan is if that's a go'er to get brake lights, nodiz and electric fan wired in and treat it solely as a drag/track car for a while, trailer it to rwyb days and stuff and just enjoy it/highlight any issues before I try and put it back on the road. It's crazy fun on the road but braking down most weekends sucked dick.

Just buy a new wiring loom and get it on the road Tom. Can’t be any worse than the yank tank. 

I finally got mine back together this weekend (new rear subframe) but it needs the engine ripping out next winter for a tidy up and all the leaks fixing. 

I also bought IMM tickets for Bristol this year (Y) 

11 hours ago, Danny said:

Just buy a new wiring loom and get it on the road Tom. Can’t be any worse than the yank tank. 

I finally got mine back together this weekend (new rear subframe) but it needs the engine ripping out next winter for a tidy up and all the leaks fixing. 

I also bought IMM tickets for Bristol this year (Y) 

Problem is I'd begrudge buying a loom and butchering it to suit all the additional stuff. I have a loom ready to go, just cant be arsed to spend all the time fitting when I'll be tailoring it around for this season atleast. f**k you :lol: yanktanks only let me down once and that was a head gasket on a baking hot day :lol:

I'm not entirely sure why they dont like the nodiz guy on TM, they're some back story about how hes tried to sue the forum for some reason but not sure what the story is, so after that any mention seems to just get flamed on there, I've emailed them a couple of times and got loads of good responses from them, so think I'll be ordering Monday to just get the thing moving. Just seems like megajolt does the job, nodiz seems to have a load of extras and better thought out, launch control could be exciting!

Nice one on getting it together, you swapped to 10s didnt you? What do you think to the swap?

I'm torn wether to go to IMM or NHRA supernats, my birthdays the 8th August so was just gonna cruise to the NHRA weekender and just get hammered all weekend Haha.