The Photography Thread

mr ailsbury

Now my student loan has come ini've decided to get a decent tripod. I've set aside about £200 to spend and it will be used for filming video and taking photos on my Canon 7D.

I've had THIS head and THESE legs reccomended too me and I was just wondering what people think? Is there a better option?

Now my student loan has come ini've decided to get a decent tripod. I've set aside about £200 to spend and it will be used for filming video and taking photos on my Canon 7D.

I've had THIS head and THESE legs reccomended too me and I was just wondering what people think? Is there a better option?

They look okay. I see the legs use an older style of locking the legs rather than a quick release type system, that could get annoying.

Obviously worth going to your local camera shop and giving them a try, something to look at is how small they compact down to.

what camera are you using? was literally thinking of giving it a bash the other day, I like the idea of running about with a speed graphic strapped to my person.

Bought that Speed Graphic lol The rangefinder was blacked out but I fixed that then decided to buy it, Shutter is working perfectly surprisingly. On the lookout for an Aero ektar at some point now for some serious shallow DOF

Not been about on here for a while, because I've been sailing around the Pacific for the past few months. I have, however been taking lots of photos. There's a selection here, if you want to take a look. pretty much everything was taken on a Leica D-Lux 5. The deeper diving ones (on the plane wreck) were taken using some shitty camera we bought with a proper waterproof housing. I only bought a cheap waterproof case for my camera, which worked fine, but was only rated to 10m.

Edited by NVWOCI WVS

Not been about on here for a while, because I've been sailing around the Pacific for the past few months. I have, however been taking lots of photos. There's a selection here, if you want to take a look. pretty much everything was taken on a Leica D-Lux 5. The deeper diving ones (on the plane wreck) were taken using some shitty camera we bought with a proper waterproof housing. I only bought a cheap waterproof case for my camera, which worked fine, but was only rated to 10m.

Link is wrong, although from that image alone the rest must be good.

For about 600 pounds or cheaper you can get a Miller DS10. Carbon fiber legs w/75mm bowl. Real good tripod.

--------------------------------

A while back I got a Canon 600D and been taking some snaps, got some decent ones tonight

29800734.jpg

94252172.jpg

58816591.jpg

Looking to get some audio gear and a shoulder rig soon (When I have to coinage)

Here's some from me :

6615187839_f966f7d5cf.jpg

Light Trail (Portrait) by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6659348443_d26f204d49.jpg

Water by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6660919985_1b47d91a16.jpg

Tilly HDR B&W by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6660945415_683daec6ac.jpg

Tilly HDR New by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6658671045_0ea88be678.jpg

Woodie by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6455542987_f3a94894d0.jpg

Bike Picture 1 by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6455608019_23861ba815.jpg

Bike Picture 2 by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6455451503_f27f8bec2f.jpg

Bike Picture 3 by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6455405261_4bcf8a3a35.jpg

Bike Picture 4 by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6064323083_f92eae948c.jpg

Rally Kart - Edit 1 by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

6064853846_e9fe86f0ed.jpg

Water Shot 2 by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

Some of my Photos. BTW, the first photo is actually a photo, as it was taken with a camera then edited.

Haven't been doing Photography long, and don't have much time to take photos unfortunately due to school.

Let me know what you think....

Edited by Jimbob 2705

• 2 weeks later...

The snow at the weekend seemed to bring more birds than usual to our garden. these were shot from the comfort of my kitchen so had to shoot through a window which hasnt helped but see for your self.

6822858733_d43f93d920.jpg

IMG_4266 by Jimyjoe, on Flickr

6822857007_7cd85dd293.jpg

IMG_4264 by Jimyjoe, on Flickr

6822854491_443434a3a0.jpg

IMG_4219 by Jimyjoe, on Flickr

6822850691_0fd2cb8824.jpg

IMG_4171 by Jimyjoe, on Flickr

Decided i should try and get back into photography, and to get me started i found an old flash i had and modified it so i can adjust the power with a slide resistor, also added a test button. It has a 10v voltage 'spike', does anybody know if the olympus pen (epl1) can handle that? I can't seem to find a definative answer anywhere... otherwise i shall just keep it on a remote or try and figure out a way of reducing the voltage to protect the camera. Got a few more flashes like this that i want to modify too

P2151875.jpg

Edited by Paul Oliver

Is it an auto flash? if so, VERY easy :) now working on my second one, got another flash for a quid today haha

I think it must be auto as it has no manual controls on it at all. Would you be so kind as to write a little how too, or would you be interested in doing a couple of mine for a few beer tokens. Manual flashes are hard to find due to the demand now but you can pick up old auto flash guns for pence, as you have already found.

Nice riding photo,by the looks of it is flash lit, did the riders mind the flash at all, only reason i ask is i may be going to couple of dh races this season with a mate of mine and quite fancied getting some shots .

6897304501_3750cae013.jpg

IMG_4343 by Jimyjoe, on Flickr

quick photo from today. not technically the best photo ever but just caught my eye after sending the mrs to fetch the sodding dog who would come back.

Cheers