The Photography Thread

mr ailsbury

Another waterfall shot, this time taken in extremely low light. I could barely even see the damn waterfall with my own eyes, and made a complete guess as far as the composition, by reviewing the images and moving the tripod to what I thought was right. Settings used were 30", f4 at ISO 1600! I really wanted to be working at around f11 and no more than ISO 800, but since I didn't have a remote shutter release, I didn't want to keep my finger down on the shutter button for 5 or more minutes in bulb :P

tumblr_me0imn6ptl1ruvflao1_1280.jpg

Date: 19/11/2012

Time: 17:21:30

Latitude:

Longitude:

Model: Canon EOS 60D

Serial #:

Firmware: Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7 (Macintosh)

Frame #:

Lens (mm): 17

ISO: 800

Aperture: 4

Shutter: 30

Exp. Comp.: 0.0

Flash Comp.:

Program: Manual

Focus Mode:

White Bal.:

ICC Profile: Adobe RGB (1998) (embedded)

Contrast:

Sharpening:

Quality:

Have not added any of my pics on here yet. Here are a few of my favourites :)

I stopped the car driving down a country road to take this. Light was perfect. No added saturation. Single Exp.

post-7595-0-07206700-1354322132_thumb.jp

Taken just before Sunset on Phillip Island. The rock looks edible…hmm.. Single Exp.

post-7595-0-46230800-1354322387_thumb.jp

Taken at sunrise in the Blue Mountains. Single Exp.

post-7595-0-41690600-1354322485_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Could any of you knowledgable folks point me in the direction of a good beginners guide to lighting for green screen videos? I've just bought 2 soft boxes and a backdrop but know nothing about the basics of getting the most out of the lighting. Thought I'd ask here before going searching myself in case you could save me the trouble!

Could any of you knowledgable folks point me in the direction of a good beginners guide to lighting for green screen videos? I've just bought 2 soft boxes and a backdrop but know nothing about the basics of getting the most out of the lighting. Thought I'd ask here before going searching myself in case you could save me the trouble!

I would guess is the only important thing is to light the green screen so it is completely flat with no shadows on it. Or at least so its even around what you want to chop out ?

So I guess light your subject to fit with the new background and essentially blitz the background separately with a cfl or summut ?