The Photography Thread

mr ailsbury

1329780754' post=2386412']

Riding self portraits are THE hardest. What camera do you use? I shove mine on interval shot so it takes one every second, or use high speed shooting (11fps) with a remote mounted on my grip!

A fuji film hs20 exr. I took a few on burst they worked pretty well. Sounds like a pretty cool idea I may look in to that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite fancy getting into film a little I have never used film. Fancy something quite small relatively easy to use. Budget is a bit tight to be honest so can anyone recomend anything to look for second sub 100 and possibly even sub 50. One thing I have seen is the Olympus trip. Can pick them up for about 50 quid.

Thanks

Joe

Some really good shots there - makes me realise how little I have of Thailand.

I'm in Sydney now, Bangkok (again) next month - it'll be nice to be somewhere I can buy a bottle of Pepsi for under $3...

Thanks. I remember seeing some of your climbing shots, were they from Railay?

Aus is really expensive isn't it, couldn't stay there long without working.

Have you got any other stuff online?

Quite fancy getting into film a little I have never used film. Fancy something quite small relatively easy to use. Budget is a bit tight to be honest so can anyone recomend anything to look for second sub 100 and possibly even sub 50. One thing I have seen is the Olympus trip. Can pick them up for about 50 quid.

Thanks

Joe

Olympus trips are fun but you have no control except focus, aperture and shutter speeds are automatic. How about an Olympus OM10. Its an SLR with a great standard 50mm 1.8. It has aperture priority (or manual with an adapter) and can be had for £50.

Btw if you want a trip or an OM10 or pretty much anything you can find online that you fancy PM me and I can probably sort you one out for a sensible price, I work in a camera dealer in manchester. We sell only used photo gear and its 99% film stuff and we have most cameras you can think.

Edit not sure if this is allowed. Mods delete this if I stepped over the line.

Edited by chrishayton