The Photography Thread

mr ailsbury

Haven't used a 610 but I've used the 750 and it's a great camera. I'm a canon user but my work partner is nikon and he uses the 750. Colours are closer to canon in terms of warmth. Focus system is lovely and the ISO capabilities are amazing. Read the review on the link below and you'll want one.

http://petapixel.com/2014/10/14/nikon-d750-review-nikon-youve-created-monster/

I'll be doing 0% finance, so it needs to be new.

The D610 does seem like a reasonable body, but I was also tempted by the D750 - I don't know if I can justify the price difference though, I'm not sure the 750 offers features that I'd really need (Over the 610 I mean).

Hmm...

• Like 1

Just remembered there's something more obvious that may be the issue.

When you hold down the WB button and use the thumb wheel, it changes the white balance... But if you accidentally use the front scroll wheel instead then it changes tint to either warm (A1-A6) or cool (B1-B6)

Try it and make sure it is set to 0.

Edited by Mike Deere

Still not posted any example shots from the new Tamron 15-30mm that someone wanted to see, oops.

In the mean time though, I've been playing with another new toy... Nikon Coolpix A. Holy funk I should have bought one of these years ago, the size, weight and quality is liberating.

11952784_10153589037909886_4675228531946

11708013_10153589474419886_8393689319427

11121880_10153595512294886_8706471628048

Edited by Mike Deere
  • Like 7

Sweet cheers.

In other news, a charity i did some work for back in the summer have used some one of my images in an online publication regarding the event.

One of the duller images of the day, but its still been published on a big website for the sport.

http://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/news-and-events/general-news/2015/september/longest-day-challenge-a-massive-hit/

Fingers crossed the more specific shots will end up in next years marketing material.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to upgrade my body, basically on the back of the shoot I posted about a few weeks ago there is a chance I can pick up a more regular stream of paid work.

at the moment I'm looking second hand and either at a 7d mk1 or a 60d.

By the look of the specs online it is the same sensor but the 7d runs away with it in the focusing department.

I have used a 7d a lot so I am familiar with the layout, the only downside is the added cost of buying decent CF cards as my current body uses SD this would be an issue on the 60d.

Does anyone have any experience with a 60d?

Cheers

Joe

Does anyone have any experience with a 60d?

Cheers

Joe

I had a 60D for a few years. If you're not shooting a lot of video or wouldn't benefit from a flip screen get the 7D. The ergonomics are superior, as  is the focussing, view finder coverage and weather protection.

• Like 1