The Photography Thread

mr ailsbury

Hi guys, we got entered into a photo of the month comp. It would be great if you could help us out and vote for Stott and Atkinson. It takes 2 mins, click the link and then click our name, no registration etc required.

http://theweddingcommunityblog.com/2012/11/01/vote-for-your-favourite-october-2012-picture-of-the-day/

Cheers :)

Tim

What are people's views on photographing the homeless?

Thank you and as for homeless people, I don't see why not. Unless they are in pain, taking a dump etc. Best thing would be to get talking to people, find out about what happened to them and then you'll get some awesome stuff. Just need to be able to talk to strangers that's all :)

Thank you and as for homeless people, I don't see why not. Unless they are in pain, taking a dump etc. Best thing would be to get talking to people, find out about what happened to them and then you'll get some awesome stuff. Just need to be able to talk to strangers that's all :)

Yer talking to strangers isn't a problem, I know most of the homeless people in my area anyway just from being out an about at lot at night and stopping to give them coins/malteasers etc. More the moral thing I was curious about, as literally while I was taking a photo of that guy in my initial post a lady stopped to puke her opinions on me about how I was taking advantage of his situation. I once had a photography teacher who was dead set against me taking photos of the homeless as well.

Thing is, I regularly talk to these guys, help them out in any way I can and generally treat them as people. While this suited up lady in her expensive watch would have walked past him without blinking an eye if I hadn't been there, and didn't even acknowledge his presence as she talked about him to me. She can do one basically.

Edited by Max Quinn