The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

No I'm 19 so got away with it, I can ride anything up to 46bhp I think.

I've only done it for the trials bike to ride road trials though. I've got a 2010 sherco 300 that I blinged up when I used to work at a car body shop, not your average sherco...

CADE1603-F02B-451D-BAA0-FCB18E353628-677

Yeh a2 license, I had a mod two yet for the day before they changed the rules back in January but it got cancelled :/

If I want to ride anything bigger than 46bhp I've got to wait two years and then do mod 1 and mod 2 again which I think is a bit daft.

The sherco looked good then but now it's a bit battle scarred :P

Doing the licence again sucks. :( My brother just about got his test done before the change, he was lucky in that when yours was cancelled, his wasn't.

I think doing the test again is ridiculous to be honest, especially considering how much it costs, but it's the only way to ensure that people can handle the bikes they're riding.

Trials bikes do get battered. Mine looked like this 6 years ago, looks like a right shed now:

RIMG00232.jpg

I've put my ER6 pretty much back to stock and am going to see what I get offered as a trade in on an XT660X... I don't know why but I've always had a soft spot for the overweight and under powered pseudomoto. Maybe I'll regret it but we'll see! Dunno how much they'll offer me for the ER- it's in really good condition but it has done 30k so not expecting the world.

No I'm 19 so got away with it, I can ride anything up to 46bhp I think.

I've only done it for the trials bike to ride road trials though. I've got a 2010 sherco 300 that I blinged up when I used to work at a car body shop, not your average sherco...CADE1603-F02B-451D-BAA0-FCB18E353628-677

Don't you find a 300 a bit too much? I rode one a couple of times, too much grunt. I preferred a 250, just the right amount

Edited by bing

I love it me! I went straight from a 125 to a 300 and just got on with it. I ever really could get on with larger bikes before but jumped on it and felt comfortable. :)

Might be my gearing set right I suppose. I do most things in first but it will pull off the bottom all the way up to 4th easy. Where as I think most other bikes do things in second which might be a bit faster?

Okay, so Honda are pretty tight on finance so the CB1000 was a no go.

So i've decided I'd better get a comfier bike as I've ditched the train and now ride the bike to the Emirates Stadium fairly often. I've put my deposit down on this...

post-26346-0-86578900-1365064888_thumb.j

Just sold my 600 version, so looking forward to getting a bit more power. I nearly bought a ZX12R but decided going 186mph isn't really for me. :P

Edited by Luke Dunstan

If memory serves me right, the f3 was the first cbr600 to have ram air, and it was a bit faster than the f2, but as far as I'm aware the frames stayed the same. Few subtle suspension changes, and a better looking fairing, other than that, they are nearly the same

• 2 weeks later...

Dug the ccm out of the shed, she hasn't been run since may 2010, 5 minutes of kicking and she's running :)

Just the legalities of getting on the road, an oil change and jobs a good un, oh and a damn good wash to get the cobwebs and dust off :D

• Like 1

My brother put me on his insurance as a named rider a couple of weeks ago. Popped out this morning for a blast on one of my favourite roads, which runs next to a train line. Ended up racing and beating a train to the bridge where the road passes over the track. So awesome!

• Like 1

Crashed mine a month ago and broke me collar bone, sprained pretty much every shoulder muscle, crushed me foot and memory loss. If it wasn't for the witnesses I wouldn't have known what even happened, last thing i remember was the floor getting really close to my face. All this from a small bump in the road and a cold tyre on a slight bend. Bike hit the bump, span up, back end right then left and pretty much did a 180 at 35ish. Wear your gear people as I did all that damage wearing it. Not a lot of damage to the bike though as the engine bars did a mint job. Couple more weeks and I should be back in the saddle